Thursday, March 01, 2007

My dr appt...17w6d...quick update

I had an appt at 2 today. Dr was at the hospital but wasn't too far behind me getting the delay wasn't TOO long. Eileen wasn't feeling so hot so stayed home and went with us. Drew watched her and Danielle while I went in. He ended up leaving to pick up Michelle while I was still being seen. :o)

My blood pressure was perfect! 120/80 They are using a new scale now which is digital and EXACT to the tenths. I'm not sure how it compares to the old scale though so I can't say if I went up or down. I was 211.8. Which is about where I ended Danielle's pregnancy at. (dropped to 204 during pg before getting there though). I think I mentioned earlier that my sugar levels have been creeping up. Dr agreed my insulin needs to be split into 2 doses a day. So we're going with 20am/16pm (putting this here for my benefit above all else). I know I really need to eat better and keep better track of my numbers. And NOT misplace my meter! There are a few of them here so I can almost always find something to take it on. But then my numbers are scattered in different machines. The girls found my favorite meter that's been missing for a while in their room this weekend. I'm assuming I have Danielle to thank for that since I don't remember ever testing in their room before. (or have a reason to even think I would of tested in there)

I had my amnio done today. I think I freaked myself out more then it physically affected me. At one time the nurse asked if I was ok. She thought I looked a little whoozie. I admit I was bit light headed getting out of there. I made the mistake of going to Walmart afterwards and was a bit sore. Then nursing Danielle and carrying her to bed for a nap didn't help. I took a nap with her. :o) Tom said he's glad I did since he's thought I needed one for a while now. Me, I just see it as a waste of time...but I enjoyed it anyways. I'm a bit crampy here and there still. I hope tomorrow most of it is gone. The test results take 10 business days. I have an appt in 2wks. Not sure if the results will be in or not by then. I'm hoping they will.

I have to call the dr's office tomorrow. From what I've read online I think I was suppose to get a Rhogam shot after the test(I'm RH-). And I didn't. So maybe I'll have to run in tomorrow and get one. NO big deal since I have to pick up Michelle anyways but I'm not happy if they did forget.

I forgot I was suppose to take it easy after the amnio. So one whole day/night of getting ready for Luke's party is gone. I'll see how I feel tomorrow before I decide whether I tackle it full force or not. Hate to leave it all for Friday since I have his cake to make and such.

Well off to bed now that I've updated. I can hardly keep my eyes open.

No comments: