After 2 wks she was doing so well that we assumed she passed the stone and we missed it. An appt with the urologist proved us wrong. A plan was made to come in a week later and they'd take care of the stone. Again Carrie didn't get the memo and decided things would be different. 3 days later we were back in the hospital with a kidney infection. She left the hospital 3 days later with a shiny new stent installed and an appt in Sept to deal with the stone and remove the stent.
I took a side trip to the ER with Liz 3 days after Carrie's discharge due to a migraine that ended up lasting 10 days.
Which brings us to now. Carrie has had times where she doesn't feel well and runs a low grade fever. On Sunday it was happening again. By evening though her fever was over 102 and she was in a lot of pain. Then I found out she hadn't peed all day and my mind was made up....we weren't waiting for office hours to start....we were heading to the ER. It was quickly decided it was another kidney infection and we were admitted again. I figured a day or two of IV meds and we'd be home. Again Carrie had other plans. Monday night she started getting new belly pains that were pretty bad. By Tuesday night she was so bad that I was expecting to be transferred to the picu. Her nurses were BUSY! It seemed like every time they came in we were adding something else onto the complaint or problem list. Wednesday morning it was decided her kidney infection was a yeast infection. It had also wrapped itself around her gallbladder, filled her pelvic cavity with fluid, and gone under, around and into her right lung (its her right kidney). It's amazing how much better she felt after a dose or two of Diflucan. But she wasn't progressing as quickly as they thought she should....so in stepped infectious disease. They upper her dosage and kept her antibiotic going, just to cover her in case the yeast wasn't the only thing she was dealing with. Her belly issues seemed to resolve quickly after the increased dosage. Her lung stuff is still making its presence know but less so. So the plan is, get examined when she wakes up (it's Monday morning now). If thing haven't changed, her meds will be switched to oral ones and they'll be kicking us out the door! Now lets hope Carrie got THAT memo.