Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A week off, a week on

I'm enjoying not having to take Michelle to classes this week. I even canceled my OB appt for Wed so I wouldn't have to go out. :o) It stinks though that I have to get up and get the kids onto the bus. Just like next week will stink not to have to get the kids on the bus. Yet Michelle will still need me to drive her to classes.

Yesterday Drew and I ended up going into my parents' house. (so much for staying home lol) Drew housesat for them last week and it seems he didn't leave their computer desktop EXACTLY how they left it. With the computer being slightly intimidating to them...they don't like that. So we went in to visit and see if we could get it to an ok place.

Things have moved along fast for DS (church friend) right now. He ended up in emergency surgery on Thursday and is still in critical condition. I've heard a few reports of not so great things but I don't want to give out misinformation so won't mention them. (need to heard it from the family themselves) A few church families are helping out with the kids. They didn't want them to miss out on the egghunt at church so brought them. Another family was watching the baby, I'm not positive how often they have him. DS's parents came in, along with A's (his wife) sister to help out. I know it's a bit different but I can't help but be thrown back to Carrie's diagnosis and transplant. Which adds to my emotions (not to mention pg hormones helping out too)

PG wise this is a slow time. I weighed myself on my mom's scale and it seems my weight is that same. Although I'm not sure how their scale compares to the OB's. My sugar hasn't been so hot...especially the fasting ones. I'll probably be upping my nighttime dosage tonight. Of course if I ate more along the lines of how I did with Danielle's pg...the numbers might be a bit better. I'm not sleeping too well. Tom keeps bugging me to go to bed, rest, get some sleep. He says I'm going to get sick. I keep telling him...tell my body that! It won't listen to me.

Weatherwise we're like most of the country...CRAZY! We've been getting hit with Lake effect snow since late last week with 2 more storms expected this week. Saturday night 6+ inches fell on us. Freaky thing is that the village only got a dusting if that...it's 3 miles south of us! It's a bit chilly here today, I think we ran out of fuel. I was hoping the last delivery would last the rest of the season. Oh well we'll get one more delivery. At least we'll have fuel for the beginning of next season. I can't complain too much. We've only gone through 350 or 400 gals of oil all season. Good thing I didn't run out of oil last week since we were out of propane too. At least now I can bake something to help take the chill off of things.

Drew is in the mood to take care of some things around here. That means he's bugging me to help him. So guess that's my clue to end this. Can't turn down willing help when it's offered.

No comments: