Saturday, December 22, 2007

Getting closer to Christmas

We're getting down to the nitty gritty here. Only a few more days until Christmas. I did most of my shopping online but have been hitting the stores for the little things this week. Between that and trying to get some wrapping done I've haven't been seeing my pillow until 2 or 3 AM. I'm TIRED! It's amazing to think that until I became pregnant with Danielle that used to be my regular bedtime. I'm getting old. lol

A week ago Thursday found Val and I in the ER at 11pm. She was complaining that her back really bothered her after physical therapy, then she had a headache. This led to throwing up, the shakes, chest pain, her arm and leg on the left side hurt and then became numb. I wasn't about to take chances with the chest and left side pain. That type of thing scares me senseless, especially with our family history. Her blood pressure was 167/99 and her pulse was 135 when they triaged her. She saw the dr before they hooked her up to the heart monitor. He did a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia which was clear so she was diagnosed with a viral infection and we were sent on our way. I was a bit scared to agree with him. What if it wasn't? What if he was assuming things based on her age and whatnot. (meaning it can't be cardiac because she's too young) Needless to say he was right. By the time the weekend was over she was feeling quite a bit better. :o)

Poor Jake woke up Thursday morning burning up and with a sore throat. He missed his Christmas party at school. I took him into the dr's on Friday. He saw the most conservative dr in the group. (meaning you don't treat until the culture says you should) Imagine my surprise when she tells me she'll do a throat culture but she's also giving him antibiotics now. I thought for sure I was going to have to fight her to get him some meds NOW. It might've been the huge swollen glands he had that made her do it. Or that Tom's sisters also use these drs so she knew we'd be exposing a bunch of kids if he wasn't properly covered by the end of the weekend. Whatever reason...woohooo! I have to call on Monday to get the results (they don't call if it's negative and won't call if it's positive since he's already being treated). If it's negative we'll just stop the medicine.

Sean is changing so much these days. He's gotten less studious and more outgoing. The smiles and laughs are coming more often and easier. He's babbling up a storm and is happy to sit in his exersaucer for longer. I bought him a bumbo seat yesterday and he seems to like it.

Today I don't have to go ANYWHERE!!! Michelle has both Saturday and Sunday off for the first time since she started working in August. So today (after I get off here) we'll be doing our Saturday cleaning and then relaxing with a bunch of snacks and homemade pizza. Who knows, me might even get some baking done. :o)

I'm hoping to get my wrapping done before Monday. It's so much more relaxing to spend Christmas Eve at Tom's brother's house without the stress of having work todo when I get home. (last year was the first and only year I've had everything done early) That means I'll have to do most of what's left today since tomorrow we have our Christmas feast at church.

Below is a video of one of my favorite Christmas songs. There's a really interesting story behind it as well.

Bowie and Crosby singing Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy

If I don't get back here before then...Merry Christmas to everyone!


Mirz said...

Merry Christmas, Kim. Wishing you all the best for the holiday and 2008! (((HUGS)))

Lisa said...

kmom, come out and plaaaay. I hope you're all well and just busy.

Lara said...

Hope all is well with you and you had a great holiday season! I enjoy reading yor blog andkeep checking to see if you're back yet :)

Holly said...

Hello??? Its almost February woman!! Update already...