Monday, October 17, 2005

I was SO wrong!

Not only did I continue to have computer problems. I now have a computer which is only good for playing solitare, freecycle, minesweep, etc. I reformatted and borrowed someone's Win2K Pro to install. It installed alright but I can't install any drivers for my monitor or modem and such. UGH!!! I'm hoping to buy a new full version OS at the end of the week. I WANT MY COMPUTER BACK!

Things have been a little topsy turvy here lately...mostly dealing with Carrie. I had to take her back into the dr's last Thurs. She managed to bruise her tailbone on the school bus. She landed on a seatbelt buckle when she plopped herself into her seat. OUCH! It's doing well now. With the kids having Columbus Day off last Monday I decided to use the weekend to monitor Carrie's sugar. It was off the roof! No reading was lower then 150's (even fasting...which is suppose to be under 100). After meals she was consistently in the 2 and 300's!!! I showed the ped her numbers and he agreed she had type 2 diabetes. We are being referred to the local Joslin Center (diabetes clinic).

We've been really watching what she eats this weekend and her numbers look a bit better but not great. Even if they were normal with this diet...I'm not sure she could maintain this level of carb counting very long. She's been a real trooper and seems to have a decent grasp of the concepts. I've got to switch my thinking around too. I sent her to girl's craft at church Friday night. They have a snack afterwards which is usually sugary koolaid/juice boxes, cookies, chips, etc. It didn't even occur to me that she'd be given these things. She drank the juice (which was only about 6oz..phew!) turned down the cupcake, took two cookies then proceeded to give one away and leave the other on the table. Not too shabby for her first solo run. :o) If it'd been chips I don't think she'd have done so well. I'm going to have to start sending her with her own special drinks and snacks. At least she can tolerate alternative sweetners (splenda, nutrasweet) and doesn't think they taste horrible. She'll have a lot more alternatives available to her then I did/do.

Luke informed me this morning that he's on a mission. His mission is to not miss a day of school or a homework assignment. I commended him on the homework mission. Then informed him that not staying home when you're sick isn't a good idea for him or other kids at school who he'd infect. We joked he could ride the bus, go to homeroom then immediately to the nurse's office to have me come pick him up. LOL

Danielle is getting BIG! We went to church yesterday and everyone couldn't get over how much she's filled out since they saw her last. She's got pinchable/kissable cheeks. LOL She's still fighting the snuffles. Her eczema comes and goes but never gets very bad or stays around for long. In the last week she's started giving deliberate bright eyed smiles along with goo'ing, gaa'ing and gurgling. She's just TOO CUTE!

I've held off mentioning it here but Danielle is going to have a playmate! My SIL D is 9wks pg with #16!!! Woohoooo! I can't wait until she gets past 12 or 15wks so she can relax a little more. These first few months are SO hard after you've had multiple m/c's. She is feeling pretty icky and tired. I'm glad she is but in the same breath wishing she didn't have to.

I've been fighting an infection for a week. I had an infection in my armpit. I've been feeling like I'm fighting the flu this whole time. MW put me on antibiotics on Thurs which didn't seem to be helping. (TMI and icky stuff alert) Last night I finally got it to start draining and I'm feeling MUCH better today! It still has a way to go before it's gone but it's a start. I was starting to think I was going to have to go back in to get it lanced.

Tom's been on call this week and has worked a ton of overtime. I'm happy to see the extra $, it allows us to catch up on things. I still hate for him to be gone so much. In one sense I can't wait for him to retire (hopefully within 10yrs) and be home all the time. In another sense I'm not so sure it's a good idea to be so anxious for it. LOL Too much of a good thing.

Well need to go take care of some things around here. Hope to update again SOON!

No comments: