Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Had computer problems but I'm here now!

I THINK I've resolved the computer problems. For the last 2wks I've had my computer giving me fits whenever I tried to post. Before that started it was the kids closing my browser after I'd been away from the computer for a while (I know...use the "Save as Draft" button!) To save on length I'll do a person by person bulletin update.

Danielle is 5.5wks old now and getting bigger everyday! It's sad to see her growing up but it's also exciting. This morning she showed glimpses of her beautiful smile she'll be sharing with us. I love when their eyes light up. She's dealing with a stuffy nose and has eczema on most of her face. Today it looks like a lot of is cleared up, I'm hoping it continues. The kids are still clamoring to hold her and continue to drive me crazy.

Drew and Pat are working through a temp agency. Drew's job is over but he's hoping to get another one this week. According to Pat his job is open for as long as he wants to work there. :o) It's nice to see them have money again, even if they never showed an inkling of missing it.

Michelle is an adult now! She turned 18 on Sunday. We had a "celebration" on and off all weekend. LOL She went to the high school to get info on taking her ACT tests. It's good to see her start thinking about college. Her and Pat are shopping for a campus to attend.

Val is busy as usual (too busy actually) She's loving and doing great at school. Her and F celebrated their 1yr anniversary on Saturday. He gave her a really beautiful diamond and aquamarine ring (it's JUST a ring as I've been told). Yesterday her friend E came over for a few minutes. She hasn't been in school yet because she's been in and out of the hospital (3 admissions so far). They're waiting on test results but think she has Hodgkin's Disease She looked SO tired! :o(

Liz has been busy with church weekends and soccer practices. This weekend is the semi-annual soccer tournament at church, with fellowships from all over the US and Canada competeing. As usual it's looking to be a cold wet weekend. :o( Hopefully that'll change as it gets closer.

Luke is doing SO much better with school! He hasn't had a lot of homework and is doing it on his own! :oD It's so nice to not have to bug and nag him all night. I have to get him into the dr's. He's been complaining on and off that his ankle and knee are bothering him.

Carrie went back to the dr's. We've decided to hold off on trying to draw blood again. She'll be getting blood drawn at the KNOT clinic in January so we'll have her A1C added on then. Sue may decide to do a 2hr GTT (glucose tolerance test) also. Dr G thought is that testing her sugar at home occassionally is adequate for now. Her levels aren't off the roof and he's told me what symptoms to watch for. If they show up I'm to bring her right back in. Her knee is a calcified hematoma. As long as it's not hurting her or impedeing her movement then we're just watching it. If it starts bothering her or increases in size she's to back in.

Jake is Jake ;o) He's full of energy and is one of the major Danielle hogs. (or tries to be) He's really enjoying and taking advantage of the beautiful weather. He really wishes we hadn't been so foolish as to have shut down the pool so soon. LOL

Eileen is a different person at school this year. We went to the elementary school open house on Thursday night. She is now been pegged a leader! Her teacher told me she heard all about my baby shower and the new baby. THIS from a girl who didn't tell her teacher last year that her mom was pg or that she was one of 10 kids! The stress of the spelling tests has lifted (so far...fingerscrossed). Her first 3 tests she's scored...100, 90 (wrote a "p" backwards), and 100.

Olivia is loving school also. She talked about her friend Paige for 2wks. I was then informed...it's not Paige mommy! It's SAGE! LOL She hit a big milestone last week when she was allowed to take out a library book for the week.

Tom went camping with our neighbor this last weekend. I felt weird about him going and have NO idea why. He's often been away when I've had a newborn and it's never bothered me. This time I kept looking for him to pull into the driveway...even though I knew he wouldn't be. A car would come down the road and I'd get excited for a second. Then I'd remember he was away and wasn't coming. He came home early on Sunday and put me out of my misery. It was nice to have him back. I like where we are in our relationship right now. :oD

Me...I'm doing well. I haven't been tracking my meals due to the computer problems and it's showing. I find without the numbers infront of my face I tend to sabotage myself eventually. :o( I'm yo-yo'ing between 188 and 193. In itself not too shabby but I'd prefer to see the numbers continue their downward trend. It's really bugging me that I'm not getting the exercise like I planned on. I'm waiting for some extra $$ to get WATP (walk away the pounds) and/or WP (winsor pilates) DVDs. We're hoping to get a membership to the local Rec Center soon. I'll be able to walk the track, swim and if I get really ambitious...workout in the weightroom. I'm still amazed at how much food is in the house affects my mood. I'm totally giddy after a grocery shopping trip. By the end of the pay period I have a black cloud hanging over me. I have to admit that this pay period I am doing a lot better. I think it's due to having preplanned things and made sure I had supplies for special things to last the 2wks. Also helps that I've had the gumption to actually MAKE special things. LOL

I hope it won't be weeks before I can update again! I'm ending this now before I have to rewrite this a SEVENTH time! Hope to have some pics to post soon too.

No comments: