Sunday, June 24, 2007

Busy weekend....

I had a plan and I wanted to see it done! This place has falling apart and I really want to get things in order before the baby gets here. So the plan is...

This weekend... Get the kids bedrooms taken care of. The older kids already do that so we concentrated on the littler ones. Val helped Luke and Jake....Michelle helped Eileen and Olivia. Carrie got out of cleaning her room because Liz was gone for the weekend (helping with the food at the band weekend). So I had Carrie helping me, flitting around, doing a lot things but really getting nothing accomplished. The boys managed to get their room finished (except maybe vacuuming a few cobwebs). The girls...only about 75% done. Even I helped in there...it was a HUGE mess. We have to downsize the things in there, there's just too much stuff to get all over. I have a plan for it but not sure when I can implement it. Hopefully we'll finish their room tomorrow morning.

This week...We'll get the main living areas taken care of. They've already started since school has been out. What I really want to do is deep down stuff, not just everyday pick up and sweep. It shouldn't take too long and hopefully the weather will cooperate (meaning won't bake us in our livingroom)

Coming weekend...hit my room. It's the room that everyone uses when they don't know what to do with something. I've hit it here and there but it needs a LOT of work. I'll need help for sure in there...hauling stuff out, rearranging things, etc. I was hoping to get it painted before the baby came but I don't know if that's reasonable. (it's the only room that hasn't been painted since we built this place)

Next week....the basement!!!! Again the collect all place. This time for things that are huge or no one really cares about. If you want to keep something, the basement is not the place....it's damp and musty down there. Most of the stuff will probably need to go out the door. It's just a matter of finding the time and having help available when you do have the time. Personally I'd be happy if we could just park a dumpster outside a window and start trashing. I know not the greatest attitude but it will make life a lot easier to be rid of things.

We've been dealing with pink eye all week. Carrie started it with Danielle, Eileen and Olivia following. We stayed home from church today even though most of the families have had it (or have it). It's where we got it. I still don't feel right bringing contagious kids in public. Plus I didn't want to break the momentum we had going toward the house. Can't say that today was as productive as yesterday but at least things did get accomplished. I just wish someone walking in my house could see it. Think anyone would mind if I ran up to them with a pillowcase in my hand, screaming....HERE SMELL! Doesn't it smell great!?!? Don't you just love bedding after it's been hung out to dry! I did a zillion loads of it this weekend! LOL

Pregnancywise I'm suffering a bit. It's not the heat, it's HEARTBURN!!! I woke up 3 times last night and needed to grab my antacid bottle. My sciatica was also acting up by the time I was done working last night. It hadn't hurt me that bad since the middle of May. Yes, my sciatica actually decided to give me a break and behave. It seems that I haven't really had much pain since the soccer weekend which was mid May. Luckily today wasn't so bad. It's something I can work through. I can't believe I'm almost done baking this little guy. I am so not ready to be done with this pregnancy. I want to keep him to myself for a lot longer. Plus I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated at the thought of dealing with a almost 2yo and newborn alone. I know...I've done it over and over again...even some closer together and with more of them. I just feel out of practice and shape.

Yeah I'm so proud of myself. I managed to post again in the same week! I'm liking this again. :o) Now you'll wish I stayed hidden. lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kim!!!!! I'm so glad you are posting again!

Dot