Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Brrrrrrrrr!

It's really cold outside and a bit chilly in here. Our furnace is working but our thermostat isn't. That means we have to turn it on and off manually and can run it for only short cycles. Luckily our house is pretty well insulated and it hasn't been too bad in here with minimal effort... until this morning. Let's just say I'll be getting my exercise today and lucky me... my knees hate stairs with a passion lately.

Liz called me last night to let me know that AJ put me on the guest list for his swearing in ceremony and we had to be there by 9:30. Hmmm... getting there would be tight. It takes 45 minutes in good weather and the kids get on the bus at 8:40. I decided to let the little ones stay in their toasty beds instead of getting on the bus. (Luke is here to watch them.) Then I realized I wasn't getting out of the driveway without some major shoveling. Grrrr. Then I got a text from Allison... Meg was upstairs alone... Drew got snowed in at band practice last night. Good thing I didn't get out of the driveway after all.

So poor me stuck in the house with cute fun loving kids. We've already donned hats and gloves to fight snow monsters in the living room and made jewelry out of magnetic balls and rods. I think there was talk of playdough next. I'd love nothing better then to get out my yarn and crochet hooks. Or some felted sweaters and Liz's sewing machine to make some mittens.

Danielle is super excited because Liz is moving back home tonight. It'll be good for Liz to be mauled for a few days. :o) Before getting off here I'll share one of my favorite pictures of Liz and AJ, even if they don't think it's a good one. Both of them have lost weight since this was taken last summer. (AJ lost a significant amount).


No comments: