Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Doing this the hard way

I've missed writing here. I'm constantly writing posts in my head but without a computer handy its hard to get them published. Both our computers are down. Thankfully after Christmas we became a house of smartphone and ipod users so its not as painful as it would have been last year. Just makes things a little slower going... I'm not the greatest on my phone's "keypad".

Things have also been pretty busy here too. Drew and Allison are still living here. Allison had a full time position at a credit union, Drew is working part time in retail. I'm taking care of Meghan when he's working.

I'm also still driving Val and Liz to work and picking up Carrie from school so I'm on the road a lot.

Pat and Alex had their baby boy on the 11th... Gabriel David...8lbs 14oz. Everyone thinks he looks like Sean.




Liz is saying goodbye AJ today. :o( He's getting sworn in and heading to boot camp for the Navy tomorrow morning. Tonight he stays overnight at a local hotel with all the other recruits from the area. We had a goodbye dinner for him on Sunday. Sean broke everyone's heart when he went last to say goodbye. He wrapped his arms and legs around him and held on tight. I still tear up thinking about it.

Sean's decided that he'd like to be done with school. Almost every morning he says he doesn't feel good or flat out refuses to go to school. I've managed to get him on the bus for the most part. I think he figured out I meant business when I dragged him across the road by his coat and physically put him on the bus stairs. ( Had to do it twice so far) Luckily he didn't see me crying my eyes out as I walked back into the house.

I tend to forget that I can utilize my phone as much as I can, especially when it comes too talking pictures. So I'm hoping I can change that mindset and post more here including adding more pictures. Right now though I need to get off here and finish some things before I have to pick up Carrie.

No comments: