Wednesday, June 29, 2011

28 years

It seems like it's been 28yrs since I've last posted here. I must have at least a dozen drafts on my dashboard. No actually yesterday Tom and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary! WOW! It's amazing to me to think that since I don't think I'm over 28 myself. lol

As life has been lately, yesterday was no different...busy, busy, busy. I was out the door by 10am, popped in for a minute here and there and wasn't back again until after 9pm. Luckily Tom and I still had a nice evening together. I just happen to get delivery of my new laptop....Happy Anniversary to me! So Tom and I locked ourselves in our room with some snacks and adult beverages and enjoyed a kid free evening. I can see this becoming a regular thing for us. After the little ones got it that we were serious about not letting them in, they were fine. Of course it helps that the older ones kept them entertained too.

My new laptop....I always have my eye out for a deal since Drew rightfully stole (my MIL's favorite way of saying someone used something and never returned it) mine way back when. My old one has since bit the dust big time so there's no returning it. Anyways, I came this >< close to buying one a few weeks ago....4gb of ram for $300 but I didn't have the guts to complete the sale. Tom and I talked about it and I've regretted the decision ever since. Then I came across an even better deal so grabbed it. I'm excited as I don't have to kick anyone off to do whatever I need to do (like post here!!!) Or fall asleep waiting for my turn at night. Not only that, I now have the extra incentive to do what I've been thinking of doing for a while....start taking some online college courses and working towards a degree. So after I've finished getting this machine in tiptop shape (which I'm doing while I'm writing here), I'm registering at the county's community college. Look out world...here I come.

Lots of exciting things are happening here. We're getting the house in order, I actually cleaned my room on Monday. *bows deeply* Last night we bought paint for a few bedrooms. As things tend to go though, while working on things like this, the rest of the house suffers and looks horrible.

This is the first full week of summer vacation. I'm a little off kilter since I've been staying in bed much later and feeling like a bunch of my day is wasted. But, I'm giving myself permission to do it this week since Carrie and Luke start summer school on the 5th and I'll need to be up early on those days. They both have to take one course and if things work out the way we're hoping....should be home by 10am...giving us most of the day to do things if we want. I've managed to gotten most of the doctor and dentist appointments taken care of before the end of school, so hopefully we won't have too many of them mucking up plans.

Now that I have my own machine which happens to have a card reader (desktop I usually used didn't have one), I'm hoping to take and share more pictures of things around here. All I need in the equation is my camera's battery charger and I'm pretty sure I know where that is.

Well, I might have better resources that enable me to be here, unfortunately tons of time isn't one of them. Right now I have a few kids clamoring for some attention, so I'll end this now and post before it ends up being another draft on my dashboard.

Where's my camera? Sean just came in here wearing only his underwear and a huge Darth Vader mask...talking about the dark side.

1 comment:

~Tammy~ said...

SO glad to "see" you! welcome back!