Saturday, December 17, 2005

Visiting an old friend

It's been a loooong time since I could come here and play. I've missed it. Between my computer not cooperating and some personal things happening here... *heavy sigh* Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers the next few months. We're looking at a rough time.

Danielle is getting bigger and cuter by the second. I can't find any batteries for my camera so can't post a picture of her yet. I'm hoping to get one SOON (new famiy one too). She had a stomach bug last week and learned she could screech. She'd start and the other kids would say...Mom! Make her stop! I let them know that she'd spoiled them until now. She's continued to use her screech for everything...happy, sad, mad, attention getting. She's turned into quite the chatterbox.

She's starting to use her hands more but her thumb is still stuck inside her fist. She'll definitely be a thumbsucker once it pops out and is easy to get to. She surprised me the other day. I put her in her swing and stuck it infront of the Christmas tree (wasn't swinging). Next thing I know I hear her laughing and laughing. She was using her foot to kick an ornament and thought it was hilarious. I didn't realize she even knew she had feet, much less knew how to control them.

Carrie is doing well diabetes wise. She's been on Glucophage for about 3wks now and her numbers have dropped like a rock! YEAAAAAAAAAAA! She's still taking insulin premeals and for corrections (when her number skyrockets) Her morning numbers were great last week but have gone back up this week. I guess we'll have something to discuss on Monday when we go to the JC for her next appointment.

You may notice that my weight ticker hasn't moved since I put it up. That's because my weight hasn't moved! I'm stuck at the 191/190 mark. I guess I should be glad it's not going up but it sure would be nice to see it going down. I don't think I've posted about a new messageboard I'm moding now. It's geared for those of us who are trying to lose weight and live healthier along with taking care of lots of kids.

Weight Loss and Healthy Living

Things are happening here whether we're ready for it or not. Still have lots to do before Christmas Eve night (when we celebrate with Tom's family). Today has a few birthday parties the kids are attending in our plans. I have to get ready for a Christmas feast at church tomorrow. Then it's shopping, baking and wrapping...which I haven't done a stitch of yet. At least our Christmas tree is up and waiting. I'm not freaking out yet, but give me time. LOL

3 comments:

Anne Coleman said...

Oh I am SO glad you shared that you hadn't done much for Christmas yet! Me either, and I only have 6 scooting around lol

Ah.....the baby must be adorable-I love the story of the ornament :)

Prayers for your family, whatever the need may be-the Lord knows anyway.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Kim,

((HUGS))
You have my prayers, God knows your needs.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Take care of yourself and the kiddos.

with Love,
Christi Mama to 12.

Katherine said...

Thinking of you Kim. Hoping it's nothing too horrible. Have a good holiday:-)