Wednesday, March 29, 2006

You can just call me....

This would be filed under the...not too proud category (if I had categories). I guess it could also be crossposted under LAZY! lol

On Sunday I went to a friend's birthday party. It was a last minute planned surprise party. Some wires got crossed and they ended up with 2 half sheet cakes and 1 quarter sheet cake. They barely used 1 half sheet and were trying to get rid of the other cakes. I ended up getting offered the half sheet to which I originally declined since a few of us really shouldn't be indulging in too much cake. I then rethought it and took it. I said we'd save it for Wednesday, scrape off Cathy, write Kim and use it for my birthday celebration. I'm so frugal! While driving home I thought...oh what's the sense of going to all the work of redoing the name. I know who I am...and today it's CATHY! :oD

I know below I said all I wanted for my birthday was to have my house in order. Well it's not, although it's not looking terrible. I'm ok with that! In the end it really doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy that Tom and I and the kids will be here tonight and celebrating. My dad called me quick this morning to wish me a Happy Birthday. I asked him if it made him feel old. He said his body has thought it was old for quite a while now. He hasn't recovered as quickly or as well from the bypass surgery as he'd hoped/liked. At least it's nice out and he's been able to work out in his yard. Working in his gardens seemed to make him feel better. There's just something about seeing young shoots peeking out of the ground...even if it's muddy. lol

Tom still has both his parents in the hospital. :o( His dad seems to be doing well, I'm not sure when he'll be discharged....hopefully really soon. His mom had surgery on Sunday and seems to be perking up more each day. Tom hasn't gone up to see them since he came home from work with a cold on Friday. I think maybe tomorrow he might consider it...depending on how he feels. I'd think that being almost a week out of a cold he wouldn't be too contagious. He'll make sure to wear a mask when he visits his dad (his counts/immune system is way down). I still don't feel comfy bringing Danielle up there since she tends to slobber her germs all over anything she can.

This week was a good week for me weightwise. I'm back to what my weight ticker says above and I'm back into ONEderland! :o) Hopefully it'll only continue. I went off my plan yesterday when Pat asked if he could cash in his birthday present. We'd told him we'd take him and Jess to a restaurant of their choice. He decided on going to Applebee's which is fine by me since there's always a good steak to be had there...along with Margaritas. :o)

On Sunday we joined the local rec center with a pool, weightroom, indoor track and gym. I haven't used it yet but hope to by the end of the week. Michelle and I are going to try to get into a routine.

Tom mentioned that we should go away for the weekend soon. It's about the time of year when we've been going. I'm not in as big of a hurry to go this year. Moneywise it's not the best decision. I'd rather save the money right now (or not use credit to do it).

Well now that everyone is home, it's time for my Cathy's PARTY! LOL Take Care

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Cathy...er Kim,,,er kmom!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful day, who cares what it says on the cake anyway!

Such wonderful weather, glad you decided to celebrate your birthday by letting spring back into our lives :)

Karen

Jody said...

Happy belated birthday to you!