Sunday, August 03, 2008

Visit to Grandma's and Grandpa's house


The kids had been bugging me to go somewhere and really wanted to go to my parents' house. Michelle had Friday off and Carrie didn't have summer school that day so we made plans to go in that day. Friday morning rolled around and all I wanted to do was to stay home for once. Wish there was a way I could've done both! lol Instead Drew, Michelle, Val, Carl, Allie (Val's friend), Liz, Luke, Carrie, Jake, Eileen, Olivia, Danielle, Sean and I all piled into the van, then over the river and along the Thurway to Grandmother's house we went. Tom and Allison came over after work. By the end of the evening Pat and Alex showed up as did my sister and her oldest girl.

While there we...

Played dominoes or at least made domino paths to knock over.


Rode bikes...or tried to eat them


Rolled down the hill


Played under the maple tree


Waited for rain to play in (it never came)


CRASHED!


Sat outside under the tree and talked and talked and talked
Drew


My parents


Tom


Sean took THREE steps when we first got there. It's the only steps he's taken since. The kids were trying most of the day to get him to do it again and he didn't want any part of it. They bugged him so much that he ended up with this fake temper tantrum he'd throw when they tried.

We made a full day of it and pulled into our driveway around 12:30am.

Saturday we hung around the house (except when Michelle needed rides) and even took a nap


I promised Eileen I'd post this. She thinks I wouldn't do it because it's embarrassing. Takes a lot to embarrass me after having 12 kids! lol

Eileen's knee is healing well. Saturday it looked really bad. Almost the whole top of her knee blistered up to some extent. This morning some of it broke open but you can definitely see that it's healing.

Saturday.........Sunday

No comments: