Thursday, August 05, 2010

Allllll done

Hmmm...wrote this Sunday morning. Thought I posted it before running out the door but guess I never did. So here it is now.

Sean isn't nursing anymore. It's nursing days are absolutely done. :o( Sean isn't liking this new chapter yet. He's still trying to get me to nurse him whenever he goes to bed or first wakes up. He scooches down and tries to lift up my shirt. When I hold it down so he can't lift it, he usually insists... "OPEN IT!" The first morning he was crying after I refused to let him nurse. I told him it was ok to which he responded...NO! It's NOT OK! After shopping on Friday he told me he was tired (his cue to me that he wants to lay down and nurse). We went to lay on the bed and he says...I two now, not free. He wasn't happy when I told him, "I don't care how old you're not nursing anymore".

I really didn't want to wean him around his birthday. (didn't want him to think turning 3 stunk). But I couldn't give up the opportunity that presented itself....3 days of no nursing and he survived! All along I've been saying... all I need to wean him is to go on an extended vacation. It wasn't the vacation I had in mind but it works.

So the phone rang at 8am this morning. I looked at the caller ID to see what insane person was calling so early and see it's Drew. My heart dropped into my stomach, immediately thinking the worst. He was calling to let me know that Meghan is NURSING! It's her favorite thing to do now. WOOOOHOOOO! He told me he really wanted to call me in the middle of the night to tell me but didn't....thanks Drew!

I'm already sucking at the Grandma gig. Seems I've been spelling Meghan's name wrong. Allison said...Megan with an "h" and I just assumed she meant Meaghan. I tried to fix it around here but if I missed something....sorry sweetie!

Yesterday was very busy and fun. I was up at 6am and started working like a madman. I did 5 loads of laundry (kind of day where I get jealous of the express wash cycle on Della's frontloader), cooked bacon, teryaki chicken, taco meat and shredded the pulled pork that had cooked in the crockpot all night....dinners for the conference are now done. We were out the door by noon and got to my mom's by 1. Drew, Allison and Meghan were right behind us. The kids got to love on that cutie for 2 hours before we had to leave. My sister and two of her girls came by to get their baby fix in too. I made a salad and my dad grilled the kielbasa and burgers I brought for lunch. We were back on the road by 3:30. Luke had to work at the grill at 4:15...he was right on time. I left, gathered things together and was back at the summer conference an hour later...Sean, Danielle and I stayed there until 11pm. Then I ran back and picked up Carrie, Eileen and Olivia at 12:30. Now were due to be back there at 10.

No comments: