Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Well it's a start

We got off to a good start this morning. The kids set the timer for 5:55 and started picking up the livingroom and kitchen floor. They almost beat it. They would have definitely if the older girls weren't busy moving big things around the house. We finally got the "new" old computer and printer I bought for $25 at a garage sale, off the kitchen table. So now we can all sit down to a meal again!

The dishes didn't get done but Michelle and Valerie started working in the library and they got their room really cleaned! So that's a step. Of course now my house is half torn apart and has big pieces of furniture in the middle of rooms. So tomorrow will have to be even more productive. Why do I make messes cleaning up!?!?! I swear it's the only way I know how to clean.

In the library is all my craft and most of my sewing stuff. I'd love to get that all organized and make the room enjoyable to work in. Right now there's a sofa sleeper in the middle of the room and lack of use has made it a collection area for cobwebs. I guess that'll be our main job tomorrow.

We ordered pizza for the kids for dinner. Tom and I decided to go out to dinner for our Anniversary(married 21yrs!!!). While the kids ate dinner I took a shower and got ready to go. Olivia came up to me and asked....Can I go on your honeymoon with you?!?! ROFL! Too cute! But the answer is NO! We tried to explain that we weren't going on a honeymoon but a date. It's all the same to her...mom and dad are going out because they are married.

After hemming and hawwing for a while we finally decided to go to the Golden Corral (all you can eat buffet). I know it's not a fancy shmancy adult restaurant but for us it was perfect. There was hardly anyone there and we got a corner booth all to ourselves. We had steak, fish, fried shrimp, shrimp gumbo (first time for that...not bad!) all the dessert and salad we could want. We both tried not to get so stuffed that we felt sick. I thought I was in trouble when we were at the gas station afterwards, I felt a little sick to my stomach..but luckily it didnt' last long.

We really didn't want to go back home so soon. Couldn't get a motel room for the night (Tom has to go to work in the morning). So we decided to go to the drive-in theater! LOL We saw Shrek2 and Ella Enchanted. It was a nice night to go...Monday, temperature was in the low 50's, sprinkled on and off all day (but not during the movies)....hardly anyone was there. We parked behind everyone else so we would have some privacy.

It's a good thing Ella Enchanted (second movie shown) wasn't that great or I would have been really peeved! Seems Tom wasn't interested in necking while Shrek2 was on...he wanted to watch the movie!!!! GRRRRR! ;o) I don't blame him...it was a good movie. It was fun to feel like a teenager again though. As the movie started it hit me....this is how we spent our FIRST anniversary. My mom watched Drew who was 2mo old (I nursed him before we left) and we went to the drive-in and saw Rambo. We couldn't have planned a better 21st anniversary if we'd tried (well short of having a few nights to ourselves at a nice hotel/motel lol)

I do have to admit...it's left me wanting more time alone with him! Maybe we'll have to start a monthly date night...I'll have to talk to Tom about that. Hope I can remember to bring it up soon.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sounds like it was a perfect evening :-)
Happy 21st anniversary!!!