Thursday, May 21, 2009

Where does the time go?

Has it really been a week since I updated here last? YIKES! Mr Puppy's name is offically Oreo. I know, not very original nor accurate since he'll be grey and white when he's an adult. But it's easy to say and and everyone's calling him it's stuck. Now if we could get HIM to recognize it...we'd be all set. lol

Things that have happened here...

Pat's car broke down last Friday. He thought he ran out of gas but adding some gas to the tank didn't help. He also found out his Saturn that broke down a month or so ago has a frozen engine. So he's looking at replacing the motor. Why is it that this kid has such horrible "luck" with cars? When will he learn he has to treat them well and baby them? He's borrowing our car for the time being. (I thought it would be a day or know how those things go though)

Tom's working his fanny off out back. Him and Pat started putting the roof over the shed patio. We have two sheds with a cement block patio between them. For years we had a tarp roof over it for shade. This year Tom decided he wanted to have something permanent, so wood and rolled roofing it is. I think he's almost done.

Val's trying to figure out financing for Esthetic school (skin care/make-up). She either has to finance the whole thing herself ($8100) or come up with half up front then the school will finance the other half. It's frustrating for her because she could have her certificate and take the licensing test in 4 mos if she could get the money. Wish you could get financial aid for those types of schools.

The kids had their semi annual soccer tournament last weekend at church. The fellowships from all over the Northeast come to NY and play against each other. We didn't win any games but they had tons of fun....especially after it stormed. Nothing like wet fields and puddles to make the game better. Sean and Danielle loved spending as much time as the weather would allow on the playground. Me, I was beat by the end of the night!

I'm trying to get a baby blanket done by Saturday for a shower I need to go to. I'm giving her the first blanket I made but it still needs a border on it. I've never done a border so it's slow going. It doesn't help that I've had hardly a second to sit down with it either.

My great uncle passed away very early Tuesday morning. The wake was this evening. It was at the same funeral home that my FIL and MIL were at. It was really hard to step in there at first. He's on my mom's side which is a smallish family, most only have 2 or 3 kids although my mom is one of 4...they may be the biggest family. I only knew a handful of people there. It was weird to be a "spectator" for once.

Friday is Tom's mom's birthday. I've been thinking about her a lot. Especially since the lilacs are in bloom. (my bushes in the front yard blossomed for the first time this year! YAY!) She loved them. I always tried to get her a bunch for her birthday. I think about how big of a kick she'd get out of the little ones. What she'd have to say to the older ones. And when days like today happen, I have a running commentary in my head in her voice. What happened today...Let's just say that I was ready for it to be bedtime by noon. I'll save the details for the next post.

No comments: