Thursday, May 28, 2009

Can't win

This post is from last week. I started it on Thursday and was finishing up on Friday when we lost internet service. The dog got tangled in the modem cords and pulled it to the ground, breaking it. Luckily the phone company replaced the modem for free! :o) I have a newer and improved one now. Unfortunately we're down to one computer with internet service. So online time is at a premium until I get the adapters and whatnot I need to fix the other computer and my laptop (need a power cord AGAIN!).

------

No matter what we get, we always seem to want something more or else. We've had beautiful weather all last week. That meant lots of outside time. I'm working on getting the pool clear, training the dog from piddling on the floor, helping Tom in the garden, taking care of the chickens again (Tom was when it was bad out), and just hanging outside. All the time I'm thinking...I should be inside doing something. I need a nice rainy day so I'm stuck in the house and can concentrate in there. Well guess what....it's raining...a lot. Perfect for the garden. Perfect for staying in the house. So why am I wishing it was nice out so I don't have to stand in the rain for the puppy? Or not have to walk through mud and puddles to get to the chicken coop or test the pool. Or fighting the urge to go back to bed instead of doing what I actually need to do...get some work done in here!

I do have to say though that driving home from the city in the grey drizzle brought some pretty comforting memories. I felt like I was in my happy place. lol Where I was in my mind was at Tom's parents' camp, playing cards and walking on the beach. AHHHHHHHH!

I didn't manage to get too much done around here although I did spend some time in the little bedroom (where the treadmill is). I've been crocheting up a storm though. I'm more then half way through the body of a baby blanket. It's easy to work on things when you like how they're coming out. A few days previously I'd started with a different yarn and didn't like how it was looking. It then became something that was a chore, so I put it away.

Here's the blanket I'm working on now....the couple are planning on waiting until the birth to find out the gender. I haven't figured out the border or what colors to use...I'll take suggestions though!
.

On Friday I fell asleep mid stitch on a baby blanket I was trying to finish. We had a baby shower for a couple in our church that will be moving away (he's military). She's going to have a girl. So I found a border for the shell blanket I made when I first started crocheting.

Photobucket

Border detail


Today I was bound and determined to finish the 3rd poncho I'm making for the little girls. I finished the last panel, I have to sew it together, then fringe for all 3 and I can get that off my mind!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes for Danielle. She's healing up well. It amazes me how quickly she's improving the last few days.

This picture was taken a few days after the accident


This was taken this morning


It looks even better tonight! She's been such a trooper through this whole thing.

No comments: