Friday, November 28, 2008

I am DRAGGING

We joined in with the annual Black Friday madness. Actually we left the house later then normal. I took Drew, Michelle and her boyfriend Cory. Cory was really interested in seeing what the hullabaloo was all about. Unfortunately we didn't make it to Walmart for the unveiling of the doorbuster pallets. To hear the WHOOOSH of the crowds' movement and hear them suddenly go crazy is quite the experience. Still we made it in the door shortly after 5am and he saw the chaos that ensues when a mob is shopping.

Although we weren't shopping with them, we ran into Della and their older brother throughout the morning. Michelle and I were dumbfounded over one of Della's experiences. We were watching her at a pallet of pajamas. Neither one of us figured out exactly how it happened but a woman ended up getting between Della (who was holding her baby in one arm) and the pallet. When Della tried to finish getting her things off the pallet the woman acted indignant and like Della was rude. Told her something along the lines of...I'll move and you can get to the pajamas in a minute! Ummm lady....she was already AT the display!

Luckily there wasn't anything I really NEEDED. We still price matched a few things and spent a good chunk of change in Walmart. I even went back shortly after 10:30 for a few things I forgot and something Della had wanted to get but hadn't found. We hit Walgreens, Tim Hortons for liquid breakfast, McDonald's for actual eats. Then we had to drop off Michelle at work at 9am. We ran through her work, and hit Big Lots. Drew and Cory stayed in the car with a sleeping Sean while I ran in Radio Shack and Rite-Aid. They were all sleeping when I came out of Rite-Aid for the second time (yes, I ran back in because I forgot a few things). Cory and Sean continued snoozing while Drew and I ran back into Walmart for a bit. They were still soundly sleeping when we came out. Poor Cory had to go into work at 3. I'm pretty sure he got home in time to take a short nap before then then.

I unloaded Sean and the groceries myself since I didn't want prying eyes in the trunk. I changed a diaper, gave Danielle some attention and then the other kids...had a bite to eat and then settled on the couch where I snoozed on and off for about an hour. Then it was back out the door to get Michelle and back home by 3:15.

I'd probably be in bed already if the kids didn't have activity club and need rides. But here I sit, trying to chat, waiting to hear if I need to pick up kids from church. UGH! My mom called me and scared the daylights out of me! I hate late night calls, I"m always expecting the worst. It doesn't help that my baby brother (4yrs younger then me) has been in and out of the hospital. They think he had a mild heart attack a few weeks ago. I'm not sure why but he's not seeing the cardiologist until the 9th I think.

Hmmmm it's a few days away from Pat's birthday. On Monday he'll be 23. Hearing that makes my bones creak. lol I really should get his birth story up since it's the only one I haven't done and it's been 2+ yrs that I've been saying I'll do it. Thing is, his birth was one of my best...so it's not like I'm trying to avoid it. It just keeps getting pushed down on the todo list. Just like me updating the kids page (link at the top of the page). I started to do a new one back in the spring and it's still sitting as a draft. I'll have to update the unpublished update. It's the story of my life.

I'm a bit bummed. We didn't get a family picture done on Thanksgiving. The one over there -> in my sidebar is from last Thanksgiving. We were all there too! It would've been too much to try to do it with the extra people. Last year we were the only ones to eat with my parents. This year my sister was there too and then my brother came in for a visit and pie as we were finishing up dinner. I don't know, maybe we should've set up a mini studio and taken EVERYONE'S family pictures. It would've been fun to take one of all the grandkids. Hmmmm now I'm wondering if we can set that one up during the next month. I wish I'd thought of this BEFORE Thanksgiving!!!

Oh well, all this thinking is hurting my brain. My eyelids are starting to get really heavy. Jake just came in the door so I'm off the hook for rides tonight. So I think I'll chat for a little more and then head to bed.

2 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

Yes that lady was rude, but baby was not in my arms, she was in the cart....I tried to keep her out of the crowds....not an easy feat on Black Friday morning.....!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That was a hectic schedule. I just hope I can do the same. Some days leave me so tired that I barely want to go out of the house. Hope your brother is okay. I wish you and your family the best.