Tuesday, February 09, 2010
My SIL, Della over at 18 Under One Roof honored me with the next Honest Scrap Award. So now I have to think of 10 things to share with everyone here. Hopefully at least one of them will be good/positive. :o)
1. I hate shoes and socks give my feet the heebie jeebies. I'd be in hog heaven and might even move down south if bare feet were allowed in public places. I'd say I'd throw all my shoes away but I really don't have many to throw away. Right now I'm wearing my sneakers in lieu of boots. Quite the fashion statement especially paired with #2 below.
2. I don't own any pants. I only wear skirts. Well I do have an old pair of red sweat/active pants around here somewhere but it's been so long since I've worn them...I don't know where they are. They certainly aren't going out the door in quality, they're barely going to bed in ones. I wear them for modesty and comfort. I think I'd die of embarrassment if I had to wear pants out in public. I know the inseams would certainly drive me crazy...almost as much as socks.
3. I'm a slob. My sister hated rooming with me when we were kids because my side of the room was always a pig sty. I don't walk around here thinking I need more storage space but more flat surfaces to make piles. I don't mind cleaning, actually I like to do it. Problem is that I don't like to do it ALL the time. Or I think I have time to do it later, yet later never comes. I have gotten better as my family has grown. Unfortunately my family has grown faster them my skills have developed.
4. I'm a procrastinator although I've learned to a point that it's best not to and try to avoid it. Maybe it's because I work best under pressure and actually enjoy it. (although those working with me may not) I think that's why I like working concessions so much.
5. I'm the queen of fairness to a fault. Everyone has to get the same amount or nothing at all. It's driven Tom crazy for years...especially at Christmas and Easter time. I've gotten better about it over the years. Especially when you think about it...exactly how fair is it for a 2yo to get the same amount of candy as an 18yo?
6. I'm a terrible friend to communicate with. I'll do anything for you but ask me to call or email you and you're pushing your luck. I guess it kind of goes with the procrastinating and thinking I'll do it later. Next thing I know it's too late to call or what I needed to email you about is over with.
7. Food controls me...I love it! Often my state of wellness/depression can be attributed to the amount of food that's in the house. When my cupboards are full and there is a plethora of quick fix meals...I'm ecstatic. Bare cupboards with need to work to make meals only and I can become really depressed.
8. I have an addictive personality. Or more like a personality that makes addiction a real threat for me. With my mom it's reading. I wanted to avoid that trap so I rarely read anymore. (always had my nose in a book before kids came along) The few times I've been to a casino I always end up saying...I'm so glad I don't live closer to this place! I'd be in trouble. While I feel like garbage because I've lost my "play money" (money I'd intended to use there). I'm still thinking....oh if only I had $20 more dollars. Oh look at that machine! For a while the computer took over where reading would be. Now it's crochet. I've gotten better at tempering my time with them. With crocheting I can reason that it's functional too. But sometimes I really wonder.
9. I feel really guilty right now. I'm dreading Olivia's birthday which is 3.5 weeks away. I've been dreading it for months. Just writing about it makes my chest get tight and the tears threaten to surface. It's the anniversary of Billy's death. I'm still mad at him for doing this to her. (amongst other things) I know we'll get through the day but I really don't want to. Olivia tries to talk about what to do that day but I tend to put if off until later or say we'll see. I'd really like to make it special for her but not sure what. I'd also really like not to be physically here. Hmmmm, it might be a good time to go away for the weekend with everyone. Although I'm not sure if we can swing it $$wise.
10. I have the word SUCKER written on my forehead. I'm a pushover and people pleaser. I have a hard time saying no when asked to do something. While I've been known to say...I'm your mother, not your friend. Many times that line gets blurred more then it should. I'm terrible at giving ultimatums, deadlines, and whatnot. Take driving Michelle to college/work. I KNOW that should've been over a long time ago. I KNOW I'm not doing her any favors by continuing it. I've said she's going to learn to drive after the snow goes because I'm not driving anymore. We'll see how that goes. Or how about our new car that no one was going to drive but Tom and I....that Pat's still using.
So who do I pass this onto? Since I'm not much of meme person to begin with...I'm not passing it onto too many people.
Gretchen over at A House Full of Boys
Karen over at Our Deer Baby
You can thank me later ladies. lol Have fun.