Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My face hurts!!!

I can't stop smiling. I got a phone call this morning telling me that one of my nieces became engaged last night!!!! It came as a total surprise to me because our church encourages courtship/engagements. Which means no previous dating to clue "outsiders" into the status of a relationship. Her finance is a great guy and will/does fit in with our family just perfect!

It's been the topic of conversation all day both at home and at school. I guess the high schoolers were sitting around the lunch table talking about where they'd live after getting married. (they'll stay in this area) One of her sisters said he could live with them but then he'd have to deal with a ton of girls. Someone said she could move into his cabin (a one room place). One of the 10th grade boys said...That place is tiny! Where will she sleep? Up in a tree? ROFL!!! No one informed him of the error in his thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your neice's engagement!! :)

How is Michelle doing? Poor girl, I will keep her in my prayers!!
(((HUGS))) Michelle!!
~Penny
PS. sorry I had to sign as anonymous, I totally drew a blank with my password!! DUH!!