Thursday, February 12, 2009

I should be working

We're suppose to be hit with a pretty bad wind storm tomorrow. I've read some twitter reports of the damage it's done down south. If it's as bad here as it is there, we're sure to lose power. We're on the very end of the grid here and outages can be common. We actually lost power two days ago for a few minutes which messed up everyone's alarm clocks, therefore I had an excuse for falling back to sleep and not making sure everyone got up for school. lol Anyways, back to the no power train of thought. With no power we have no water (need power to work our pump) which is a huge thing here. So I should be making sure all the dishes are done....but I'm not. I should be filling containers of water so I won't have to go outside in the cold to fill plastic totes with a bucket dipped into the well...but I'm not. And the laundry...I had it all done before I left for Florida but have hardly done any since I returned. I have Val leaving for NYC EARLY Friday morning and Liz leaving for New Mexico Saturday morning, I'm sure they'll need to do laundry before leaving. Not to mention if we have no power and therefore no working furnace people will probably want clean socks to put on their cold feet...and there aren't any. And yet I still sit here.

Tom came home from work, grabbed a bit to eat and headed right to bed. He "slept" for 4 hours and went back into work for the night, so he'll be working 16 straight hours. While he's proud of his job, he's mostly doing it for us. He's such a good provider! I hate when money gets tight here because I know he starts thinking he's not doing a very good job of taking care of us. Which is SO NOT TRUE!!! Here's a picture of him getting ready to go out to the chicken coop last night...



OOPS! I got up to get a drink and realized I never closed up the chicken coop. Ran out and did it so they're all cozy until morning. I could hear the tiny creek in our backyard roaring! Wish I could seen it but it was too dark. It'll be interesting to see how high it gets tomorrow. At least it's far enough away (and small enough) that I don't have to worry about our house flooding! It's just a cool feature of our yard during the wet season (it's dry in the summer) Will probably be an interesting subject to use the new camera on too...playing with ISO speeds and whatnot. Speaking of cameras and pictures. I meant to share these yesterday.

Sean LOVES the water, has since the day he was born. His favorite thing is to try to climb up to the kitchen sink and play in it. If the bathroom door is left open he thinks he hit the jackpot. Most of my day is spent keeping him out of the kitchen sink and bathrooms. Well I was sleeping on the job after the girls had a bath.



Liz and Eileen stayed home from school and spent a good deal of time napping on the couch...




Then Liz was trying out the camera and took pictures of 2 of our 3 cats. The one in background is a stray female that's adopted us. She's pretty skittish though, so doesn't like to get pets. The other 2 are brothers from 2 different litters (same mother) and they are the most loveable things in the world. They're purring before you even start petting them.



After the kids came home the camera started clicking.

Val being a Price is Right girl...


Olivia enjoying an afterschool snack...


Carrie and Jake being too cool...


And of course Danielle has to get in on the fun too!

1 comment:

Thia said...

I know exactly what you mean when you said when things get tight, your husband thinks he isn't working hard enough. Mine feels the same. I keep telling him he's working too hard, it's the economy. Our poor men!