Saturday, July 21, 2007

The plan is a go....

My OB appt went well on Thursday although it was loooong. I was hooked up to the monitor for almost an hour. Not because things weren't going well. A woman came into the office in labor (water broke) and they were taking care of her. Both my blood pressure and sugar are creeping up a bit but we're not doing anything about it. I'm only a fingertip dialated, baby is floating (not news...usually am until labor is established) and baby is head down (yeah!) I'm due at the hospital at 7am on Monday for induction. I'm planning on another 2 day induction. Although I hope I'm wrong and it only takes a few hours. lol

The trip to the casino on Thurs was fun. I lost some money quickly and tried to pace myself. My dad had a good run on the roulette table and threw some money my way. :o) Always fun to play with other's money. They have a reward program there were you can use points for dollars at any restaurant or shop at the resort. We had enough for all of us to eat whatever and however much we wanted for "free". So the 5 of us went to dinner. I'd been wanting fried haddock so ordered the seafood platter. The haddock wasn't the best but everything else was delicious! There was so much food that I couldn't finish everything. After dinner we headed back onto to the floor for about another hour.

I pulled into the driveway around 10pm. Tom was already in bed asleep. Liz, Carrie and I gathered a bunch of laundry and headed to the laundromat shortly after 11. It seemed to go easily and we were home shortly after 2. I tried to get online and update here but mid posting on LOK we lost power which lasted until about 6am. Luckily we didn't oversleep and Luke had plenty of time to get up pack, eat and wait for his ride to camping. I hope they're having a good time. I also hope those boys remember their bear etiquette! My mom told me that the park they're at usually has bears roaming midday through the campgrounds.

Friday we spent a few hours at my parents' house visiting with my cousin and her family. The kids had a blast and as usual, my cousin and I started crying when saying good bye. It was her fault, she started snuffling first! ;o) We ran home, the girls and I changed into more festive clothes and we headed over to church. The older youth girls threw a dinner party for the moms and daughters to age 5. They made a DELICIOUS dinner of steak, roasted potatoes with onions and red peppers, broccoli with cheese sauce and garlic bread. It was a great night with lots of fellowship. We all went home around 11pm.

While today hasn't been as productive as I'd hoped it would be (it never is). We have managed to get a LOT done around here. Both Danielle's and the baby's clothes are put away in a dresser. I've set up the bed, carseat and FP sleep and play dome which I'll need later in the week at church...especially for the bug net part of it.

I have laundry going that'll need a trip to the laundromat to get dried. I'll also bring the rest of the laundry and catch up tonight. My cell phone isn't working right. It won't stay on so I have to go to Walmart and buy a replacement. I'd rather have my own phone at the hospital then to have to rely on. Plus it has all my phone numbers in it. :o) I guess I'll hit the store on the way home from the play on Sunday.

Everyone is getting really excited about the baby coming. Danielle is even joining in. The first thing this morning she spent lots of time hugging, kissing and blowing raspberries on my belly. She then went through the bedroom pointing out what was her's and what was the baby's. She's been wanting me to pay attention to her a lot today. (I've noticed that happens with the youngest just before the new baby arrives.) After we set up the dome she was looking in it yelling NIGHT NIGHT BABY!....NIGHT NIGHT! It proves I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk around this little guy.

Time to switch laundry and think about dinner. I'm sure I'll probably post at least one more time before I leave for the hospital. I'm hoping to have a last belly shot too.