Friday, April 09, 2010

Good Morning!

It's Friday! And before I could write one sentence we already had a major crisis averted. I gave Eileen all her documentation for her border crossing. She put it in a plastic sleeve and took it upstairs to put with her stuff to pack. For some reason she decided to act out how the border crossing would go. She opened up the folded birth certificate and said... JACOB ALLEN XXXX! I'd given her Jake's birth certificate instead of her's! THAT would not have been good! So now she's who she's suppose to be, at least I think she is. lol

This morning's main "too early for any sensible person" thought was...I have three bridal shower in less then 4 wks. I'm so lucky to have 2 of them on the same day. Allison's maid of honor is throwing the shower for her side of the family on the 24th. Esther who is getting married the weekend after Allison is having her shower 4 hours later. Luckily they're being held only a few miles apart, so getting from one to the other is no problem. But still...I have to get two shower gifts made NOW. I'm trying not to think about everything that needs to be done in the next 6wks because I'm afraid I'll just shut down. I keep telling myself...It's nothing more then I can handle. I've gone through worse...I think. lol

Reading back the other night I realized that I didn't paint my brother in the best light. It was never my intention. He's a very devoted dad, his kids are his world. One of the reasons why how he parents bothers me is that...I was once like that (and can slip back into that mode on occasion). It's my biggest regret...how harsh I was in my younger years. I yelled and barked. I wasn't necessarily angry when I did it, I just thought that was how it was suppose to be done. When you wanted your kids to listen to you...you barked. When they weren't listening...you yelled. I did it, my brother does it and I've seen my sister do it. Funny thing is, I don't think of us as children as being barked and yelled at. I'm just hoping the cycle doesn't continue on my end with Drew.

OK...I need to go spend some time with Olivia before the bus comes. Then switching laundry, maybe painting walls, and if I'm lucky getting a few afghan motifs done here or there.

1 comment:

Thia said...

Those headaches sound horrible. Hope they leave soon!