Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hot and Hazy with a side of Musing


This was written on Saturday.

Liz and Carrie are hopefully having fun down in Delaware, camping on the ocean. Lucky ducks! I can't wait to be able to go camping, especially up in the Adirondacks.

Our pool is still quite cloudy but the kids don't mind. I figure it's mostly dead algae and dead algae is harmless algae (I hope). I was laughing at myself a few minutes ago. I was wishing for a few consecutive cool and rainy days! I have a method to my madness...really. My thinking is then I can get the chlorine readings to "kill anything it touches" level and let it stay there for a few days. Right now I can't do that because we need to use the pool.

Using the pool also requires me to be mean and keep shooing the kids OUT of the pool. They don't understand why they can't stay in the water constantly during the hottest part of the day. The idea of frying in the sun is incomprehensible.

I'm really wanting to take a trip down to Florida. My closest cousin is living through the nightmare of her dh being dx'ed with Pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. (I've said it before and I'll say it again...CANCER SUCKS!) My dad is willing to go with me. The logistics of actually going though is mindboggling...child care, drives to work, etc. Not to mention the guilt over leaving everyone for over a week. Why won't someone hurry up and invent a teleportation system already!?! Then I could just pop back and forth whenever I wanted to.

A little brag here...Jake won first prize for outstanding effort for his egg drop project yesterday (Firday)! It's a fun project the fifth graders do every year. They have to make a vessel that allows an egg to survive a drop from the roof of the school (2 stories) Jake's was a UFO made out of foam insulation sheets with plastic drinking cup boosters, the egg safely nestled in the middle of the craft. The UFO flipped over...landing on it's top. The only damage was the boosters popped off on impact. I wish I'd thought to take a picture. I'm finding myself wanting my own camera more and more.

I'm finishing it up Tueday...

Mom wasn't mean enough. At one time on Saturday Luke and Olivia didn't heed my advice to come in out of the sun. They kept insisting they weren't getting burnt. Sunday morning proved them wrong. OUCH! Especially Jake.

The girls had a great time and came back burnt too, even with multiple applications of sunscreen all weekend. They didn't have much choice as there wasn't much opportunity to get out of the sun. I've heard reports it was oppressive there.

The pool is still cloudy. This afternoon it looks like it's a bit less so though. I'm pretty pleased as I thought we might regress since it was in the 90s and had tons of use this weekend. Of course I've had to use TONS of bleach. This afternoon it hardly had a chlorine reading even though I added over 4gals of bleach last night.

Note to Mr Pick-up Truck...

Next time you decide to transport a big honking propane tank somewhere. It might be a good idea to SECURE it into the bed of your truck before driving away. I'm sure the little red car behind you almost had a heart attack when the silver torpedo headed toward him. Luckily he missed hitting it as did the lady in the white SUV when myself and two other drivers flashed our lights at her as a warning. I'm sure the volunteer firefighters enjoyed dropping everything and running to your aid as it sat in the middle of the road hissing. What a way to spend a Saturday evening. You should be very thankful that no one was hurt and that it didn't explode.


Someone needs the computer for homework. Be back in a few

No comments: