Monday, January 12, 2009

My lifeline has left the building

Started on 1/12

The cord for my laptop bit the dust. That didn't take long. I've ordered a new one and hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week, beginning of next. I've been trying to devise a gadget to put the cord through so it doesn't get stressed when moved about.

It's funny how we become accustomed to things so quickly. At first I didn't like my laptop and not being at a desk. Now, I can't seem to live without it. I don't know how many times this weekend I sat on the couch and said...If I had my laptop I could show you X. Or didn't bother to look up what I originally thought to because it involved kicking a kid off a computer or getting out off my rear.

You'd think without a computer I'd have tons of freetime to work on my house. Well I did but I didn't. I'm a great time waster with or without the computer. There's an Xbox 360 to play, crocheting to do, circle loom knitting to help the kids with. Not feeling well helped rationalize sitting with a game controller in my hand all day Saturday. My garden on Viva Pinata grew a LOT and I'll be the next Buddy Rich in no time thanks to Rock Band and Guitar Hero on Tour.

Continued on 1/15 @ 7:30am

I really thought I'd be fighting the kids for the desktops while I waited for my laptop cord (it's been shipped USPS priority so should be here by tomorrow or Sat at the latest), but I haven't. Yeah, I'm missing it with my morning coffee. I'm missing having almost instant access to anything and everything without getting off the couch. I'm missing catching up with friends so easily. (need to work on my blog list!!!) But overall, it's no big deal, I can wait. Maybe it's because I know it's temporary. Maybe it's because I needed a bit more time to concentrate on things around here. Whatever it is, I'm enjoying it.

I had to laugh Tues night though. Danielle was driving me crazy (Sean was sleeping). I was at the computer desk chatting away and she wanted to lay in my lap and go to sleep. I couldn't do it! I tried...I really did. I just couldn't find the room in my lap nor type while holding her...yet I'd done it for years on end before the laptop came along. I had to actually cut chat short and take her to bed. It wasn't a huge sacrifice since I'd been up since 2:30am and was fitting to stay awake anyways. (crazy sleep schedule lately)

Today it's frigid out and I have to be on the road most of it. Michelle is due to work at 10:30, Carrie had a looong put off eye appointment at 1:30 and I have pick up Michelle at 4:15. I was hoping I could find someone to pick up Michelle so I could stay in the city and visit with my parents. No luck so far, but I'm still working on it.

Well I've gotten everyone but Luke out the door for school. Little ones are up, need breakfast and baths before we start running. Hopefully my laptop will be up and running and I can catch up this weekend. (It's amazing how long things take without my bookmarks and passwords.)

No comments: