Monday, April 25, 2005

I'm home!

We heard a glorious sound....fetal heartbeat measuring at 152bpm!!! The relief on the MW's face was really obvious. I had to wait a while for the dr to come in. While waiting I started feeling funny and tested...83. I grabbed a lifesaver candy to suck on and then decided to relax while I waited. I laid on my left side and dozed off until he came in.

He's stumped and has no explanation why my sugar would drop like that. He asked if I was eating differently...NOPE. When I mentioned that I had had a huge bowl of Frankenberries last night so my sugar was high enough for me to feel comfy going to bed. He was LOL! I told him...HEY! If I have to have something to bring my sugar up...might as well eat something I can't or normally don't eat! :o) Fooling around, he suggested that perhaps some Mountain Dew or Frankenberries had slipped into my diet a few other times. I know he was trying to be funny but after I got to the car I was slightly offended. I work HARD to keep to my diet. I admit, I do cheat on occassion, but I readily admit it when I do!

We've lowered my insulin down a lot. The dr thinks that we'll start seeing my numbers climb into some high numbers in about 4 or 5 days. I am allowed to adjust my dosage a few units here or there as I see fit. It's almost like starting over again, but in the middle. LOL

I lost 5lbs in 11 days and my blood pressure was great! I've now been put on weekly visits again. At least until my numbers are leveled off again. The dr said he's glad to see 78's and 80s. I didn't agree. If I'm at 78 at 1.5 hrs I'll be 70 or below and it affects me. Dr admitted it would affect almost everyone (meaning non diabetics) It's just to hard to be THAT close to being hypoglycemic all the time. I need a bit more leeway in my timing. I thought eating every 2 or 2.5 hrs was bad. Trying to eat every 1.5hrs would be crazy! Not to mention I'd be eating dinner at about 2pm! LOL

So now I'm back to making sure I check my sugars regularly (had gotten lax when the numbers were good). My digital timer decided it didn't like living in my purse and stopped working properly the other day, so I bought a new one today.

Thanks to all of you that have been keeping the baby and I in your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot!!! It's amazing how much support a glowing box and some keys can provide!


Chris said...

So glad to hear the good news. Now I can stop obsessively checking your blog for updates ;-)

Lisa said...

Glad, glad, glad things checked out ok. I say skip frankenberry and go right for count chocula! I'll be thinking of you.

Gretchen said...

Whew, I am soooo glad everything is ok! 20 weeks is such a tough time to have to rely on flutters to reassure you; you feel some good ones and then it seems forever before you feel more, and you are just sure something must be wrong. You need to borrow someone's doppler! LOL

Thanks for updating! I've been thinking of you.