Monday, April 25, 2005

Things are still the same and I've made a call

I called the dr this morning and luckily the MW answered. When she heard my numbers she immediately said..."You have to come in!" Then asked if I thought I could drive. When I assured her I could, especially if I ate something right before driving she searched for a good time for me to come in. Unfortunately the dr is booked solid this morning so I'm scheduled for 1pm.

I ate a HUGE bowl of Frankenberry cereal with tons of milk about 2am last night. At 3 I tested out to be 173...thought THERE! That'll keep me up there. Went to bed at 3:30 and got up at 6:45. I tested immediately and was down to 73 again. I tried to work toward getting the kids out the door before I ate but my body wouldn't be ignored. I had an english muffin with PB...my regular breakfast. I didn't do any insulin though. And hour later I got a 121 which is where I'd been with my insulin last week. I dropped my insulin down to 20units from 28 and injected it an hour after eating. Tested an hour later and I was back to 78. So I've eaten 1.5 bags of my Go Mix snack mix and a bite size candy bar...we'll see what that does in about 45mins.

The good news is that as I was logging in here I had a bunch of fluttering...so that's a GREAT sign! I felt like I should be getting a bunch of stuff around here done incase they admit me (even to control things and see what's up). Then I figured it was better if I relaxed. The kids aren't going to die if I don't have things done for them. I'm sure they'll step up and do what needs to be done if they have to.

Olivia is excited because she gets to visit Aunt D while I go to the dr's! She keeps asking if we can leave for her house NOW!!! I still need to wash up and shave. I'll report back as soon as I can. Not sure if I trust one of the kids (Tom's computer illiterate) to update here or not.

1 comment:

Notes from the Trenches said...

I hope everything is okay. I've been thinking of you all day.

(((HUGS)))