Thursday, May 13, 2010

Major shopping day g trm,n

Two days until the wedding! EEEK! Actually I think we've got our act together pretty well. It helps that I've had tons of time to think today...I've been tossing and turning since about 2am. I finally got up at 2:45 and surfed the net until Sean woke up and wanted me at 4. Then it was back into bed. I'm sure I dozed a few minutes here or there but not much. Next thing I knew the birds were singing and Sean was snoring...so out of bed I climbed to write down everything I'd been thinking. I now have each food item and exactly what I'll need to prep, cook, and serve it written down in my handy dandy wedding notebook.

Everyone went to school today. Or at least the last of them (Olivia) is about to go. Yep! She's getting on the bus right now. I think they're all planning on staying home tomorrow though. We have company from out of state and there's a lot to do or think about doing...so i said they could stay home.

Tonight is my major shopping trip. I'm hoping I've got everything I need on my list and won't have any last minute runs to make tomorrow. Saturday is a different story. Can I just say GRRRRRR! When someone puts in an order you'd think it meant you put stuff aside so you were assured to have it when it was needed. But nope, not always. I got a phone call yesterday morning to tell me the place I ordered my crusty rolls from were out and wouldn't be getting any more this week. I had 200 rolls ordered!!! So instead of nice golden brown artisan crusty rolls, I have to have pale, plain mini kaiser rolls. To top it off, it's going to cost me more as the packages are smaller, so I had to order more. Unfortunately the incident let Sean relearned a new name...poopie heads! I don't know how many times I said it before Sean decided it was hilarious and started saying it too. BAD MOMMY!

Well I have my work cut out for me. Need to make some room in the fridge and clean the kitchen so I can dirty it again. Laundry is screaming to be done. Kids crying for attention. So I'm out of here!

1 comment:

Thia said...

Well first of all, if they messed up with the rolls after you placed and order, I'd ask for a manager and force them to give you the better price. After all, you did the right thing by ordering and the mess up wasn't your fault.
Second of all, congratulations to you all and I hope you have a wonderful weekend with the celebrating and the family around!