Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Scorecard for the day so far....

It didn't seem like I did too much today but a lot of it was organizing. I had to figure out what was going to whom. Then I was trying to decide if I was going to do no sew blankets or quilt them together on my machine. I decided to go with the no sew based on the boy's opinion of the two samples. I worked on the first blanket for about an hour and am almost a halfway done with it. I'm sure the others will go much faster now that I know what I'm doing and am more experienced with tying the fringe.

I managed to wrap 7 presents before Drew and Pat had to leave this afternoon (they watched Olivia) Only a bazillion more to go!!! I think I might be in trouble in that department. I was hoping to get it all done before we have to go to BILs. Last year was the first year I went there without a pile of wrapping waiting for me at home at 11PM. Going to bed at 4 or 5am on Christmas morning has been a common occurrance. So I'll work on avoiding it although I'll have to stay up late the other nights to do it.

The girls and I did go shopping tonight and they are now done. I think Drew and Pat have some to do and will try to finish it tomorrow. At least they don't need me to drive or give them cash in order to finish it. Although I'm sure they'd be happy if I did give them cash! LOL

On the way home I decided I should probably do some baking tomorrow. Tom brought home a gift for the family from a guy at work. Granted it's the guy that Tom worked on his house every free hour he had. But still it would be nice if he could give him something too. There's also Tom's friend at work who works on our cars for cheap and whenever we need him to. He's a single dad to a couple of kids, I'm sure they'd appreciate some baked goods. So that may be on the top of my list tomorrow, although the blankets are up there to...oh what to do! what to do!

No comments: