Saturday, July 29, 2006

The next day

Although I can't say how well he slept, Tom did get some sleep last night. He seems to be doing well. The kids keep asking me questions and luckily I feel like I have the answers for them so far.

We spent most of the day cleaning the house. We wanted to have Tom's sibs and their families over for a cookout and bonfire tonight. Unfortunately Mother Nature had other plans and sent torrential downpours again. We're going to try to have them over on Sunday.

I got hit hard today while making dinner. The phone rang and not thinking clearly thought...Oh that's probably Grandma...while I started to turn away from the stove and head toward the ringing phone. I immediately remembered it couldn't be and stopped in my tracks. :o( I'm sure there will be a lot of moments like that in the near future.

The rain did eventually stop but everything is still wet and soggy. I've been going between the house and the backyard visitng with Tom. Checking on the kids, visiting with Tom, making dinner, visiting with Tom. The mosquitos seem to love me even with bug spray on, so now I'm staying in the house for the rest of the night. The nextdoor neighbor came over and has replaced me outside. lol

Tomorrow I need to figure out what the kids will be wearing, how dressed they need to be (whether Luke and Jake need a tie). I'm pretty sure that at least Pat will need dress clothes, especially since he will be a pallbearer. I think Tom has his outfits figured out. Monday morning I'll be going to the grocery store's floral department and buying flowers to make an arrangement from our family. I have a container already, just need to figure out exact color schemes and placement. I just hope my idea works.

No comments: