Friday, July 28, 2006

Sad day

Tom's mom passed away this morning. His older and youngest brother were spending the night with her and called about 5:15am. It's hard to imagine life without her. D and I were saying it probably won't hit us until we reach for the phone to call her one morning. MIL had gotten into the habit of telling me..."I didn't have anything better to do so called decided to call you". On Wednesday morning I turned it around on her. "I didn't have anything better to do so decided to come visit you".

The kids are doing well with the news. I'm sure it'll hit them harder as things head toward her funeral on Tuesday. Drew, Allison, Pat, Jess and my nephew Joey were at the hospital until after 2am this morning. They said that she told them to...finish school, get converted, get married and have lots of kids. :o)

Tom's in the city getting things taken care of and visiting with his dad, I think. I don't really want to call and bug him too much. I wish I could be with him. Unfortunately he took the van so I don't have a vehicle to use.

Welcome home and rest in peace Grandma G.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm so sorry Kim. I know she will be sadly missed. Prayers of comfort for all whom she left behind

Anonymous said...

Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Dot