Monday, July 31, 2006

No visitors

No one came over for a cookout Sunday. They all were frazzled and had too much to do. I'm going to see if anyone is interested in going up to Southwick Beach later in the week. Tom's family used to camp up there all the time when they were little and used to own a camp near there when they were older. It's one of their favorite places to go in the world.

Everyone has clothes to wear for the next 2 days. At least I hope they do and I didn't overlook something. I ended up going to Walmart and buying some clothes for people....including me. I probably could've found something to wear but it was a good excuse to pamper myself. Besides I really needed a new bra! Tom only has work clothes. He'd stopped at the thrift store on Friday and bought an outfit. I bought him 2 pairs of dresspants and a new tie. He may end up not using some of what I bought and returning it. At least he has it available.

I bought and arranged some flowers for the funeral home. It's simple with big yellow roses, smaller peach roses, white carnations, baby's breath and some greenery. It didn't take too long (or at least didn't seem to) I have it in the fridge right now and am worried that it won't last until Tuesday afternoon.

I'm worried about how we're going to keep the kids happy for 6 hrs. We have to leave here by 2 to get to the funeral home by 3. The wake starts at 4 and lasts until 7. I figure by the time we get out of there it'll be 8 at least. It just hit me that it's through dinner time. So not only do they need to be occupied, they need something to eat/snack on that won't be messy. I feel like Winnie the Pooh, sitting on his log, tapping his head, saying....think, think, think. It's not working for me either.

Well this has sat here open for a while. Lots of stuff to do and get ready, so I'll close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Kim, prayers headed your way.

dot