Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ahhhhhhhh!

I'm SO glad I canceled Carrie's appt for tomorrow. It's nice when I realize I don't have to go anywhere anytime too soon. We're working around here. Not sure if it's enough or anything toward getting ready for the party but oh well. At least stuff's getting done.

I'm working without a dryer still. It's a good thing we have an outside clothesline. The plus side is my propane bill is small this month! :o) I haven't even asked Tom to look at it since he's been so busy outside. Plus digging out the old clothes has left a pile in front of the dryer. So I have to get down in the basement to do that...tonight hopefully.

I also have to make meatballs tonight. Although I suppose tomorrow would be ok too. We're in the middle of defrosting the upright freezer in the basement. It doesn't close very tightly which makes us tend to lose shelves as the frost takes over more and more. (hey it was junkpicked...you get what you pay for lol) I think we were down to 2 shelves out of 5 or 6. Tom is suppose to rig up a latch so it shuts tighter.

I realized this morning...I still haven't sent out invites to certain sides of our families!!! YIKES! I got sidetracked into thinking it was done when I passed them out at my uncle's on Sunday. I never sent anything to either of Tom's side and I forgot about my mom's side. Guess I need to do that now and maybe even make some calls to let them know before it's too late. I'm such a procrastinator!

The pool filling has been on hold for a day while we run the pump to the house well. I'm hoping to turn it back to the pool this evening. The water is JUST to the tips of the top pattern of the liner. It's still a bit from the skimmer though. I've been tempted to go out and measure it exactly. I'm afraid I'll get too discouraged if I do though. I look at the pool and hear ticktocking in my head. Time's a wastin'! I MAY resort to drastic measures and PAY for water to be delivered if this takes too much longer!

One more day until Tom is on vacation. I'm not sure why I'm getting so excited for him. I may be singing a different tune as the party gets closer. We both tend to get shouty when things get tight. Even if I do work best under pressure.

Drew started working with his friend M. He's painting a house for an hourly rate. I'm not sure how long it'll last but it's better then nothing. He still has to paint here too though. I've made a deal that if he paints the main part of the interior then I'll pay for his car insurance this month. I think it's a win win situation.

Pat is gone starting Friday! He's going up north with his girfriend J's family for the week. Seems he has his own life now. It's at a point where we're not high on the priority list. I know that does and will change over time, I've seen it in my own life. Just can seem weird when it's happening. He will be here for the party so that's good.

Well Tom's home from work so I should look like I'm ATTEMPTING to make some progress around here.

No comments: