Saturday, August 21, 2004

Consider yourself spared.....

I went to bed last night after posting here. My head was working a mile a minute and I thought of something I wanted to talk about. I fought with myself about whether I should jump up and write it then or stay in bed and get some sleep. I made myself stay in bed. Now I can't remember what it was I wanted to talk about!!! LOL I guess it wasn't important. So consider yourself spared from some mindless drivel.

Tonight should be short and sweet seeing as I'm typing this while looking out of almost closed eyes.

Tom DID stay home today. I think he wanted to go to the state park and visit his brother, but neither of us was moving any to fast to get out the door. So we stayed home. I got to work in the library to organize my craft stuff. The girls have been bugging me to sew some clothes. I'd been putting it off because of how unorganized my sewing stuff was. I started a skirt that Michelle thought up. It's taken me HOURS to do!!! It would have been easier and faster if I'd KNITTED her a skirt! LOL Her idea required a lot of thinking and reworking to get it right. I'm still not exactly sure how it'll come out, guess when I finish it tomorrow we'll know. Val has a skirt idea for me too..at least her's is easy! One side seams needs to be done...inserting a zipper into it, then just hemming and turning under the waist. Shouldn't take TOO long. All the girls are lined up to be the next one. So I guess I'll be sewing for a while. LOL They want skirts, lounge pants, skorts and maybe even a shirt or two.

Drew came home tonight. I thought it was to sleep but when he didn't get done what he wanted to go...he went back to Allison's. Allison is due back to her college dorm on Wednesday, so he'll be moving back soon enough. This house is totally different with him here. Wish I could say he has a positive influence on it...but I can't. :o( He's not a very positive type of person.

He's trying to get the library rearranged so he can move into it. I don't have a problem with it but Tom isn't too keen on it. I don't really think it's fair that Pat has the HUGE room to himself once Drew moves out. Unfortunately Michelle and Val don't want to move back upstairs. They say the room is too big...whatever. First kids I've ever known that didn't want MORE room. Maybe I'll have Pat switch rooms with Luke and Jake. We'll see. I kept shutting down ANY talk about rooms tonight. By the time they wanted to discuss this it was after 10pm. I had been sewing for hours and my brain was fried. I just wanted to go chat for a bit and then go to bed. So I'll have to deal with it tomorrow.

I noticed that my nose and eyes were bothering me after I sat at the computer. Usually working in the areas of the house not used on a regular basis causes my allergies to flare up. Usually it starts within 15mins of starting the work. Guess I should consider myself lucky it didn't start for a while tonight. Probably should hit my room now that the allergies are already acting up. We'll see. I'd like to get some more sewing done though.

No comments: