Monday, March 28, 2005

Busy on an exhausted body....

it doesn't fare well. I've been going non-stop since Thursday. You know it's bad when there's no chance to get on the computer at least once a day. Thursday was my dr appt (report below), grocery shopping and guests. Val had K and J come home after school and spend the night. It was a makeup of her missed birthday party. The kids had Friday off for Good Friday. At least K and J aren't labor intensive although they still require food and such. They decided they wanted to go to rock and roll bowling so left at 9pm and got home around 3am. Oh to be young again!

Friday was spent paying attention to my kids, trying to get them to do some work around here and baking for a bake sale on Saturday. I made 2 batches of lemon pound cake, 1 batch of lemon poppy cake, 3 bathches of applesauce spice cake (let one batch be for the house) and 2 batches of cinnamon rolls. Unfortunately I thought I remembered the recipe for the cinnamon buns but I hadn't. I used half the sugar for the filling as I should've...they were bland so the kids got to have them for a snack. I was going constantly from 11am until 4pm. At 4 it was time to sew up my split skirt from last week and get ready to have a dinner date with my parents. Tom and I were out the door by 5:30pm.

Dinner was nice although it had a few minor mishaps. We were seated next to the wall of water which I declared I wanted in my house! LOL (whole stone wall turned into a waterfall) Only problem is that it was brightly lit and it hit my dad square in the eyes...luckily they corrected that problem. Then without realizing it, his jacket that was hanging on the back of the chair was slowly getting sprayed from the falling water...luckily it wasn't too bad and he could still wear it. I think our waitress needed a few lessons in serving. She hardly ever walked around the table and reached across Tom and my mom on more then one occassion. I was given my glass of water, plate of food and COFFEE from the other side of the table...delivered into my hands, midair...not placed on the table in front of me. I was pretty nervous about getting the food and coffee over Tom. At least she was pleasant and attentative. My dad had broiled monk fish in a balsamic sauce...he didn't care for the sauce too much. My mom had veal parm which she claimed tasted like liver...they comped us for her meal. Tom and I had a haddock dish with a wine sauce. I'm not to hot on wine sauces (don't really care for wine period) but it was one of the better ones I've had and enjoyed it anyways. We opted to get dessert from the local bakery/grocery store and have it at home a few hours later with coffee and conversation. We had a nice visit and got home after 1am. Everyone was asleep or in their room when we got home so we had some alone time here too. We finally got to sleep about 3:30.

I was up at 7:30, although I didn't want to. We had to be at Walmart for our bakesale as soon as possible. Carrie and Liz were working there, I brought the other little ones because they needed new sneakers. Unfortunately WHICH Walmart wasn't very clear and I went to the wrong one. I incorrectly assumed it was at the closest one. Luckily I had my cell phone and could find out exactly where we were. I still took the kids sneaker shopping. I HATE sneaker shopping even though the kids were really well behaved and Liz helped Eileen and Olivia take them on and off. I teared up a time or two just because I was feeling lousy and exhausted.

We left that Walmart and got to the right one with enough time to spend a few hours with the other girls. Poor Jake was put out to be the only boy there. He tried to avoid us as much as possible. Everyone one had fun and it was a success....raised over $250! :o)

We got home about 5:30 or 6 and I immediately laid down for a nap. At 7 I felt sorry for everyone and got up to help fix dinner. By 9:30 I was in tears for real this time and went to bed. I kept thinking it was wrong to do because I still had to make up Easter baskets for everyone. But I couldn't help it...I shut down. Tom told me he tried to wake me at 11:30 or 12 so I could do baskets but I wouldn't budge. I don't remember that happening and I usually I do.

I woke up at 3am and the thought of the baskets weighed on me. I dozed, tossed and turned until 5 when I finally got up and did them. It didn't take too long and I was back in bed shortly after 6. As I climbed into bed, Olivia snuggled up to me, reached up and patted the top of my head with a huge smile on her face. ROFL! I wonder exactly what she was thinking or dreaming at that time.

After getting up at 7:30 and denying myself from dipping into the treats, I started to get ready for church. I had to bring candy for their egg hunt, makings for lunch and of course the little kids. I felt like garbage and wanted to just stay home and vegitate. Of course I couldn't becuase I'd already said we'd go so they were really excited. I just kind of hung out while the kids had a ball. I talked to D today and she asked if I was ok that I seemed glum yesterday. I let her know I felt really lousy. She was encouraging me to call the MW and be seen. I told her I would if I felt lousy again but for now I felt a lot better. I just have to remember that I'm no spring chicken and this pregnancy is really taking a toll on me!

After church I took another nap then got up to help the kids color eggs. While they finished up I made a ham dinner. It was really nice and we all sat around the table together. I have to admit we've gotten lax in that department and I regret it..especially after last night. This morning Eileen mentioned that dinner was really fun and we have to eat all together all the time. I have to say, I agree with her 100%!

I am sad to report that I still have spent ZERO time in my room. My self imposed deadline is tomorrow. :o( I don't think I'm going to hit it. I'm still pretty tired today and it's a HUGE job. It makes me a bit depressed that I didn't make the time for myself to get it done. I have to say that most of the house has fallen in cleanliness lately. I know it'll be better once the kids are out of school and won't have to compact so much into so little time while at home. I also know that part of the problem is that I haven't been home for the last two weekends. Especially since Saturday is our big cleaning day. I have to give them credit...they did try, it's just not the same. Even given the fact that Tom tends to get more work out of them then I do.

I have tons of ground beef to deal with in the fridge. I have to make a huge batch of meatballs and have over 14 green peppers to stuff. Not sure what's for dinner though....lol. I vote for pizza and wings! Or anything I don't have to think about or make. ;o)

No comments: