Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thank you


Thank you so much for the kind words, prayers and positive energy everyone has sent our way. Things are coming to a close and hopefully healing can begin, although it'll be a long difficult time. Can I just say...it was easier when they were all little!!!! It's so hard to have to watch your kids make decisions and live with the consequences. Where's that bubble wrap when you need it?

This week is spring break for the kids. Michelle's break was last week so she needs to be driven in. (just got back from driving her actually) It's a lot easier to get her there at 8 this week. :o) On the way back down the hill from the school I saw one of Michelle's friends driving into school. So I'll have to ask her about that. Would be nice if she could ride with him for the remaining 6 or 7 classes. My trip would be cut from 40 miles to 10. If I time it right I wouldn't have to drag all 4 littlest ones with me. Eileen and Olivia could get ready for the bus at their regular time.

I try to not fill my break week with places that I HAVE to go. Unfortunately I totally blanked out when I made Val and Luke's dentist appts. So today we all have to head out the door by 11 today. I hate to make the kids sit around the waiting room for 2+ hours but I won't have anyone old enough home to babysit....so they'll come along. It kills me that I'm going to be blocks away from my parents' house and won't have time to stop by for even one cup of coffee. I couldn't find a ride for Michelle (who's in another city) so I need to head back toward our house to get Michelle.

Before heading to the college I'll pick up 2 of my sister's girls so they can spend the next two nights here. I probably shouldn't be having them here. This place is falling apart and could use some undivided attention from everyone. Who knows maybe I can get some extra working time in while they are here since they like to mother Sean and Danielle.

Mr Man is really getting around and gets faster everyday. He managed to get down the hall and find the bathroom the other day. Luckily he doesn't realize how much fun can be had in there yet. It's time to get everyone used to closing the door behind them when they're done.

I don't know if I've ever had as light a sleeper as Sean. Drew was one of those babies that didn't sleep much (naps were almost nonexistant as a toddler) but Sean seems even moreso. Maybe it's just that he's not my firstborn and I have things I HAVE to do now so I notice it more. I know part of it is that I've started habits that I probably shouldn't have...like cuddling with him while he's sleeping. He doesn't last long in bed after I get up. On Sunday I thought it was a feat to get a shower in and dress before he woke up. I felt so childish saying..HA! I beat you and got a shower! but it slipped out. *blush* I really can't complain though, he's such a content baby!!! AND HE'S SO CUTE!!! lol

Well time is flying (it's only taken me 3 hrs to get this far lol). I need to get everyone out the door in less then an hour and haven't been able to get ahold of Luke yet. So out of my computer chair I must go.

No comments: