Monday, November 22, 2004

Came to a grinding halt!

That's what my motivation did. Sunday I spent it mostly vegitating, although I did do some necessary things like dishes, small time picking up and laundry. My eyes were really bad and I think I have either a sty or a blocked duct thanks for all the garbage in them overnight. Sunday it was really sore and today it's just tender on and off. I've been doing hot compresses on it.

Ovenwise I baked fish sticks! LOL They were yummy though. Tom tends to make the fishsticks here due to it being an easy meal. He's also afraid to touch anything that MIGHT be a meal I have planned out. After dinner I made 4 loaves of bread. YUMMMMMM! They smelled delicious! They looked a little light in the browned department but tasted fine (the warm loaf did at least). I'm surprised we still have some left. I thought the first few loaves I made would have been gobbled up just because it's been so long since we've had homemade bread. Well I took care of almost 1/3 of a loaf on my own last night. *blush*

Tom went to a Buffalo Bill's game Sunday. He rode a chartered bus and had a tailgate party before the actual game. He came home barely being able to talk. I told him they mentioned him on the tv. What they actually mentioned was that there was a delay of game due to a knucklehead in the endzone that security had to deal with. They didn't give the knucklehead publicity and show him on tv but we were almost positive it was Tom. Tom told me he took the day off today to make up the day to work around the house he gave up on Sunday. I know he's just an old fogey and can't handle going to work after a hard day of partying anymore! He can't fool me!!!

Today I started making decoupaged glass plates. I'm using fabric and wrapping paper to decorate them. I've never done it before and I'm not sure if it was such a great idea to do them to begin with. The wrapping paper one started off looking neat but I came to a standstill on how to finish it up (only did the bottom of the plate...not the sides). Doesn't matter anymore anyways because it needs to be redone. Seems I left the plate to dry on the kitchen table where Eileen and Olivia found it. They took it as the perfect opportunity to practice their peeling skills. UGH! I almost always have a project that I do, ditch and not sell at the bazaar. I also tend to have a project that one of the kids manages to mess up at least once. So I guess the next two weeks should be NO problem! I'll take pictures of the plates if I decide they're going to work out. Have to get my camera and charge the batteries first.

I do have other things I would like to do. I also have some school projects that are due soon. Jake needs me to make his class a batch of blue 'playdough' for a land project they're doing. Carrie has a Native American Indian project due by Thursday. We're making pumpkin muffins from the "Three Sister's Cookbook". I'm just waiting for her to finish the paragraph she has to write.

I know there was more I wanted to say (actually there always is) but it's slipped my mind. If I remember I'll let you know.

No comments: