Friday, October 15, 2004

Pass the Depends please

UGH! UGH! UGH! I had started to feel better but now I feel like garbage again. My chest has decided to let loose and I've been coughing up a storm. Unfortunately I've also been wetting everytime I cough too. Nothing like a good coughing fit to put to rest the idea of having a bladder of steel. I think I need to go jump on the trampoline regularly again. I'm also sitting up not wanting to go to bed. I know once I lay down it's only going to get worse and it's bad enough now! For those that I was complaining to about lost medicine. I FOUND IT! I only missed last night's dose. WHY do my kids think that anything not nailed down is a toy?

I'm glad it's Friday already but this weekend isn't going to be too restful for myself. There's a huge international shindig at church this weekend. I'll be away at that for most of the time.

I worked with Carrie on her planet project tonight. She decided to make a pillow about Venus...her favorite planet. She came up with the design, I appliqued Venus to the pillow top, she decorated and sewed the rest of it....including whip stitching it! I'm impressed.

The other kids became interested in sewing. Liz has always enjoyed it a lot and I was looking for a nice machine for her for a while. (haven't found one yet though) Luke was asking about making something and wanted to hand sew it when I told him I didn't have the time or feel well enough to show him my machine tonight...it was 8:30 btw! Carrie wants to do more too. I suggested that maybe they think about Christmas gifts they could make for everyone and then we'll set up the projects. I'm not really comfortable with letting the kids use my sewing machine. It was originally my grandmother's and is older then I am. It runs GREAT though! So great that I had no qualms about giving away my expensive basic Husquavarna.

The state of the house is bothering me. I feel like I need to do everything NOW but never seem to get anything done or even started. The kids moved the livingroom around again, it'll be rearranged again shortly. It's not a very good layout. I guess as long as they clean the room before they move it around I should allow it to happen. LOL At least ONE part of the house is clean!

I'm debating on running to the grocery store tomorrow. I don't really need much but I'm out of lemons and am MISSING them! Right now I'm drinking straight bottled lemon juice to replace them. Not nearly as enjoyable. I wouldn't mind a jar of pepperocinis either. I sent Drew and Pat to WM to grab some milk but they forgot it! LOL Those video games have a way of erasing people's minds while your playing them. Maybe I'll just send them with a list. Might be safer to run there myself. Guess I'll have to see how I feel in the morning.



No comments: