Monday, March 29, 2010

Feeling 100 years old

I am EXTREMELY achy and slow. I'd say today but it's actually a multiple day affair. Thursday I worked the concession stand at the dome for two games. I left the house at 1:30pm and I walked in the door at 2:30am. Not only did I work almost 12 straight hours, I'd been up since about 3:30 that morning. I've been sleeping lousy. I don't know if it was the concessions on my mind or getting old that caused it. I'm taking it as getting old as it's happened to me a lot in the last few months. I was ready to quit working even before I ate breakfast. We've been having problems making sure everyone gets a chance to take a break. I spent all Thurs morning working on a schedule that would rotate a group of 4 out every 20 mins. I think everyone got at least 3, if not 4 of the scheduled breaks. They all liked it so I'll count that a success! Working it out on Saturday morning was a bit easier although we had to switch a bunch around once we started working.

I walked in the door on Thurs night/Friday morning to Michelle holding Sean, who'd just woken up. He immediately jumped into my arms. I took off my coat, kicked off my sneaks and tried wrestling out of my pantyhose with one hand. Finally I got free and managed to get my butt off the couch and took Sean to bed. With him not feeling well still, he slept lighter then normal so I was essentially a human pacifier all night. My muscles kept trying to cramp up on me or were spazzing. I felt like my dad with his restless leg syndrome. yet I wasn't sleeping through it like he does. To say I was sore and my muscles were tight in the morning was an understatement. I remembered my high school gym teacher's advice (hey! I did learn something in gym! lol) that when you're like that the best thing to do is just get moving. Ya gotta get the blood flowing to those tired muscles! So up I got and cleaning I went but only waist high. If it involved bending over, I left it for someone else. Tom came home in the afternoon to find a few piles on the floor waiting for someone to finish sweeping them into the dustpan. He was a peach and did it for me. Michelle got into the act later in the day and scrubbed all the woodwork. She even painted the back kitchen door before heading to bed. It looks a lot better! Sean, Danielle and Michelle were the only ones here most of the night. So we went to bed about 10 or so. And again I slept lousy.

Tom had taken the day off. After the school kids left in the morning (except Olivia...she said she didn't feel good and I was too tired and achy to argue with her. Besides, she kept Danielle and Sean busy most of the day) he left. He picked up Pat and they went and put new tires on our car. They also got the alignment done. Originally it was pulling to the left so hard that my arm would be tired from trying to keep it going straight. If you let go of the wheel you immediately ended up into the oncoming traffic. I haven't driven it since then but Tom says it's like driving a brand new car! woohoo! Especially now that he's changed the oil on Saturday.

k,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (oops someone fell asleep at the keyboard and now it's the next morning lol)

We had concessions again on Saturday. I moved a bit slower and it was a bit harder to pick up the heavy stuff. I'm sure most people there were feeling the same. We plowed through though and did really well. I think we were home by 10 or 10:30 that night. Sean had been sleeping on the couch and woke up when he heard me come in. That's when I heard it...the wasn't quite croupy, kind of a semi bark. But it was close enough that I figured we'd be spending some time that night in the steamy bathroom or outside under the stars trying to clear him up. Luckily none of that happened and I slept, if that's what you can call it. I did my usual wide awake a few times through the night. It didn't help that I had the dog snuffling in the back of my head because he needed to go out. Or that the wind was smashing Tom's huge wooden shamrock cutout against the house. I finally got Sean into a sound enough sleep that I could sneak out of bed without rousing him at 7. With how I felt and knowing that Sean and Danielle were still feverish on and off with colds and coughs...I'd decided we weren't going to church that morning. Then Della called a bit after 10am....

She was telling me that she wasn't going to church either and would get my girls home sometime that day. When she mentioned trying to get a trip to the grocery store I said I was out of everything and needed to go. With that a grocery trip was planned. She was at my house in less then an hour and the two of us were on our way. It was SO nice! We're rarely out together without kids. Although they make it fun too, it's nice to be able to just talk freely and openly without interruptions. We were good girls and hit only the grocery stores. Well with a side trip through McD's drive-thru for coffee and a snack.

It was great! Tom and the kids brought most of the groceries in. Everyone put them away immediately (we usually have bags of non perishables sitting on the floor for days). And to top it off Tom had dinner done and ready to eat! Yay me!

One of the conditions of me going with Della was that I had to buy myself a birthday cake or cake mix for Tom to make. I opted for lemon cake mix with a can of whipped cream frosting (never had it so we'll see how it is) and a cream cheese one to be mixed together. Tom and the kids made up the cake before bed. Hopefully it doesn't get invaded by lady bugs before they can frost it. I hope it's as yummy as I'm thinking it will be.

I've had a good morning so far. All the kids have been wishing me happy birthdays and giving me tons of lovin'....what more can a woman ask for?


Thia said...

Happy Birthday! Cake sounds yummy. I love all things lemon. I hope the soreness wears off soon and everyone gets healthy.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!