Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Baby Allie

First I have to talk about Baby Allie. I've mentioned her a few times the last few weeks. Allie passed away Monday night at 11pm. :o( It's amazing to me how many people's lives she's touched in her short life. It's weird to have such strong feelings for someone whom you've never met. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Scott family.

The internet is a very amazing and yet weird thing. Part of me is jealous that I didn't have the internet available to me and my family during Carrie's transplant. Looking back now, while we had TONS of support from family and friends...it seems lonely compared to what's available nowadays. There's support boards for anything under the sun, information, immediate and cheap communication with friends and family (what I would have given to have THIS one, being 350 miles from everyone). Although I must say...being ignorant about what was or could have been ahead of us was also a blessing.

On Saturday morning I was reading Allie's updates and started crying. Carrie was standing nearby and came over to ask me what was wrong. I looked at her, thought of everything she's been through and how many times she's come close to dying. I then grabbed her around the waist and hugged her tight while I broke into uncontrollable sobs. I was trying to reassure her that I was ok and there was nothing wrong...not sure I did too great of a job though.

No comments: