Wednesday, July 23, 2008

After the party


It's amazing how everyone feels about the house right now. Quite a few of them have asked if we could keep the house like this. If they could invite someone over. It's also made them want to keep their bedrooms cleaner. Now if I can only get them to keep up that attitude not to mention keep up the maintenance. Michelle and Liz seem to be the main maintenance workers right now. I'm trying my hardest to keep it up too. (hard to do when you suck at it)

For myself it's made it so that I want to cook again. I've always loved cooking and baking, it was just so hard to do in my messy kitchen that I didn't bother. I'm wanting to bake cookies again, even in the heat and humidity. Yesterday found me making a huge batch of simple syrup which I've been wanting to do for a loooong time. I mixed some of the syrup with kool-aid mix and made shaved ice flavoring. I have also used it to made 2 half gallons of sweet tea. Liz keeps asking me to pick up a sweet tea from McDs after picking up Michelle from work. She didn't believe me when I told her I could make it at home. *sticks her tongue out at Liz* Told ya so!

I'm taking this week off but it's also encouraged me to get the rest of the house done. I never finished my room but it's very doable and I already have the paint for it. The little bedroom was almost clean and then we started cleaning the rest of the house. It's not as bad as it was originally but it needs a good hard cleaning. Eventually I'd like to paint that too...before Danielle and Sean move into it. Of course the rest of the kids have big plans for what they want their rooms to look like...paint colors, how to paint it (sponging, polka dots, etc) and whatnot. I see lots of little jobs that would add the special touch to the house, like the curtain I've been planning on making for the small bathroom closet door.

Sunday it rained most of the day. Luckily Drew had brought over his 32" high def TV, Xbox 360 along with games and movies. Namely Rockband.


Carrie on bass, Liz on drums, Luke on guitar and Michelle on vocals.

We've been playing it nonstop and having a ball! It's amazing how certain kids have certain talents and it helps them show through. I knew that Carrie sang well. I didn't realize how well she did. She schools us at every chance! Eileen is banging on the drums with a lot of clarity and rhythm. I wouldn't mind forking over for lessons after seeing her enjoy herself so much these last few days. Me, I'm glad to have the opportunity to bang on the drums myself. When I had the chance to take music lessons in school I wanted to learn the drums. I was told I couldn't because I was a girl!

I'm really thinking we're going to need to buy a new tv, game system and rockband. Granted I could buy rockband for our PS2. Problem is rockband is a good chunk of change and I don't want to buy it for a system that's so iffy (it's old and can be tempermental). We'll see.

The cutest moment of the whole weekend was on Sunday when Sean climbed up on the couch, grabbed the microphone and started rocking out. Here's a video (a bit cut up for brevity sake)

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

OMGosh he is so CUTE! I love that!

I'm glad the party(ies) turned out well and everyone had a good time. Now you have a few weeks to relax before school starts again!