Monday, July 07, 2008

Now what was I saying?


No one was going to use my camera? Did I actually say that? I think I did. A lotta good it did. I took some pictures of my garden last night and when I went to upload them what did I find?

Carrie and Liz fooling around with my camera...




Someone taking pictures of Val...



And Carl....



We had visitors yesterday! Tom's little brother J came by with some friends...


and his son Jjr.


They also brought over two....

TYE DYED Roosters!


They're real cool looking. They bought them from a farm on Thursday (they were originally white!) and took them camping with them for the weekend and gave them a dye job. They never intended to keep them for a pet (kid they bought them off wanted to know if they wanted them butchered when they bought them) So now they are here, living out their days until it's time to become fried chicken. And we'll get some practice processing them. Seeing how big huge chickens act and mess, I'm starting to wonder if keeping 40+ of them long term is such a brilliant idea. LOL

Here's a rare picture of me...and it's a breastfeeding one at that!


Which resulted in this...


And just for fun. Here's our backyard...
Looking up toward the house...


Looking back toward our sheds, the firepit and weedy gardens




`

1 comment:

Chuck Pierce said...

I did exactly that to one of our roosters... but it was cause he kept attacking me from behind. Finally I just wrung his neck. We have the best luck with out aracounas, even ended up with a rooster for them. We keep about a doz, but I am not allowed to butcher them... Sigh, city wife and all.