Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sunday ~ Last day...and the rest

It was a short day at the conference. The only thing scheduled was a morning meeting for everyone. I took a shower, had a cup of coffee and started packing while the kids slept. When it got close to the time for the morning meeting to start I tried to wake up Liz and Olivia..it was impossible..especially for Olivia. Poor thing. We all finally got ready and left for the meeting.

I ran into PO who had a receiver and a set of split ear buds. Her and I set up our lawn chairs in the shade near the playground, each got an earbud and we talked, listened to the meeting and watched the little kids on the playground. The older kids went inside to the meeting.

The meeting ended and we finished packing up the site. SOMEONE (read...Tom, Drew or Joey) smashed the tent stakes almost ALL the way into the ground with a sledgehammer when they put up the tent. It was IMPOSSIBLE to pull them up. Trying to get the tent tabs off the stakes was near impossible too since hooks the tabs were on were buried too. Liz and I wrestled with the stupid tent for over 45mins!!! I was soaked in sweat and exhausted when we got done. I need to go back since I left most of the stakes in the ground still. I don't think the guy mowing the lawn will appreciate running them over, even if they are plastic.

I got home and the kids starting unpacking the car...throwing things onto the lawn and in the livingroom. We had to hurry because it was 2pm and I was due back to the church for a bridal shower at 2. I didn't get there until after 3. When I sat down I was so tired I was on the verge of tears. I begged out of participating in the shower games. I just sat and nursed Danielle while I visited. I only wanted to stay a short time so I could get home and spend the rest of the day with Tom. It was his last day of vacation. I really wished he didn't have to go back to work on Monday. I can't wait until he's retired (I say now....ask me again after he retires lol)

I ended up falling asleep in the recliner at 10pm. Tom brought Danielle out to me about 3:30am. She was fussing and kicking him in the head. He needed to get some sleep. I brought her back to bed and nursed her, but couldn't get back to sleep. About 4:30 I had her soundly to sleep and was sick of tossing and turning so got up for the day.

I was stiff and sore, especially my fingers and hands. It made typing well difficult. I vegitated for most of the day. By 4:30pm I was exhausted and went to lay down for about 30mins. When I got up Michelle asked if we could go shopping since it was her and Olivia's turn for food this week. We did. We hung out and round town until it was time to pick up C from work at 10:30.

Today I got some work done, with the help of the kids...yeah! I'm still dragging a bit but can deal with it. D called me and asked if I wanted to go to Southwicks tomorrow. I thought it was a pretty good plan and agreed to go. Now I need to do some laundry, plan and pack for that. Unfortunately Tom can't take the day off to go also. We'll have to go up as a family at a later date. I figure I can do laundry while I'm chatting. Now if I can only remember to get up every hour or so and switch loads around.

No comments: