Monday, January 17, 2005

Where to begin?

I guess I could start with the notice that....I'm getting my butt kicked here!!! This pregnancy has knocked me for a loop and then some. I think Sunday was one of the worse days I've ever had in any of my pregnancies (not including my m/c). I woke up at 8am, tested my fasting sugar, and ate breakfast while I read some blogs. About 9:30 or so I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so jumped back into bed...where I stayed until after 1pm!!!! UGH! UGH! UGH!

I wouldn't mind it so much if I'd wake up refreshed and raring to go. Instead I wake up exhausted like I hadn't slept at all and am ready for another nap at any second. I think about 11 someone woke me to ask if we were going to church (it starts at 11 lol) I said no and begged them to bring me a tylenol because I couldn't open my eyes...had a major headache. Luckily that died down greatly. I still felt like death warmed over all day long. To make matters even worse...I was crying about everything and nothing at all. So my eyes were swollen to slits most of the day.

I was surprised how I felt. I think it was the first day since I've been monitoring my sugar that my numbers have been at or under the limit all day long. You'd think with that I'd have felt like a million bucks. Luckily today was a lot better.

The kids and Tom had the day off today but Michelle, Val and I had to be out the door by 8:15 for dr appts. We ran to the dollar store and WM afterwards...getting home at 3:30. I managed to keep upright until 5:15 when I finally caved and went to lay down until 6. I think I was out before my head hit the pillow. LOL

At the dollarstore there was TONS of low carb and organic food...BRAND NAME stuff (Atkins, Annie, Earth Best, etc). I also happen to get there just as the Pepperidge Farm guy was leaving...I bought 11 loaves of bread including Carb style, 9 grain, Rye, and Dark German Wheat. I'll throw a bunch of it into the freezer and try to keep it to myself for the most part. I've never felt so guilty before. I keep buying these special foods and saying...DON'T TOUCH!!! At WM I bought sugarfree double strawberry icecream and chocolate chip cookies. Let's see if I can get them into me without gagging and running for the bathroom. Otherwise the kids will get them like they did my light yogurts. I also bought some asparagus stir fry veggies. We eat a lot of corn, peas, potatoes and green beans. Things I really need to avoid or eat a tiny bit of. So I'll be greedy and eat the YUMMY veggies while they are chewing the regular chow.

I am going to give myself a HUGE pat on the back!!! I took Michelle and Val to the Chinese Buffet for lunch today. I ate more then I thought I should but I didn't go back for seconds and ate the right things because my sugar was 142 (suppose to be under 140) after an hour. I just keep remembering eating only a regular Arby's roast beef sandwich and having it fly up to 201. So we're getting better.

I ate, fried zucchini (removed breading), buttered button mushrooms, cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce, seasoned greenbeans, steak with onions and peppers. I also had somethings I probably shouldn't...but had TINY amounts. A forkful or so of noodles, about 3 or 4 pieces of General Tso's Chicken and ONE Crab Rangoon (I wanted a dozen of these..they're my fav!!!)

I've decided that having 2 blogs with info is too much work and maintenance. So again, I'm killing my other blog. I found I held back here from talking about things because then it would be monotonous on the numbers log. I'd prefer to have it be apart of my everyday happenings, since that's how it is IRL. It'll probably be listed at the bottom on each new post. I'm not sure if I'll be including my meals yet. We'll see. I'll edit/update that day's post as the numbers come in or the following morning.

After doing a little reading online I discovered that I was eating my breakfast too soon after injecting my morning insulin. I thought I had to eat within 5mins....I have to eat 30mins after injecting it. So I'm hopeful my breakfast numbers will be better now.

I'll list the weekend's numbers. Blood pressure has been great and stayed pretty much the same so won't bother with that now. Parameters are...fasting...under 100, 1hr after meals....under 140, 2hrs after meals...under 120

Saturday 1/15
Fasting.....106
Breakfast...140
Lunch.......152
Dinner......153

Sunday 1/16
Fasting.....92
Breakfast...141
Lunch.......135
Dinner......112

Monday 1/17
Fasting.....98
Breakfast...135
Lunch.......142
Dinner......133

No comments: