Monday, June 27, 2005

The rest of the weekend....

For the first time in weeks I slept past 6am on Sunday! :oD Well I woke up at 5:30 to use the bathroom but unlike other days...I fell back to sleep! I woke up at 8:30 and rolled back over until 10:30. I can't remember the last time I did that! Although it makes for a short day. Especially when I have to be out the door at 2pm for a graduation party.

Tom stayed home from the grad party so he could get some yardwork done (since he had to let it go the day before). Only the adults and youth were invited so I went with Luke and Liz. It was a nice relaxing day talking with my church friends. Having lots of nice food to go along with good fellowship helps too.

I guess I should update on what's been going on with my insulin. I didn't take any Friday night or at all on Saturday. I ate what I wanted (read that...a LOT of carbs!) and still stayed close or under my BG limit. Sunday I dropped my morning dose down to 20 but still didn't stick to my diet and was fine all day. At least there weren't any lows! Before bed I had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with a bit of raspberry jam for flavoring, 1 pc of twizzler and half a regular hershey bar. 1 hr later I was 126 (suppose to be under 140). I took 20units and went to bed...hoping I wouldn't bottom out during the night. Luckily I didn't and woke up to a 78 at 6am (had been awake but in bed since 4:30! UGH!)

I did 20units again this AM and ate my regular breakfast of 2pcs of peanut butter toast. 1hr later I was 124 so I guess instead of calling the dr and trying to be seen, I'll just stick with my diet and see what happens at this insulin level. My next OB appt is on Wed, so not too far away.

OH and Val probably DID have a stomach bug, since Carrie woke up at 6am today and proceeded to throw up! I just hope it's a quick moving bug and my dad has been spared from it.

So looks like the first day of summer vacation where NO ONE has to go anywhere or do anything is off to an interesting start. Funny how almost everyone was up before 8am on the day I figured they want to sleep in the most! LOL

It's going to be a scorcher again today, and the next, and the next... Our pool is getting filled slowly but surely. My BIL redid the timer on the supply pump yesterday so it's pumping more frequently. We ran it into the house well all night so we're fine there. Today will be concentrated on the pool. I'm hoping this new system will let it be filled by the end of the week instead of the end of the summer! ;o) I'm just hoping it doesn't turn chilly and raining after we get it filled...like last year. LOL

I'm hoping to get into the basement and organize all the clothes down there (including storage). Unfortunately I have about 7 or 8 loads waiting for me in the hall too. So I guess it's laundry day today! Good thing the well is filled. LOL

YIKES!!! Jake just started screaming. It seems that he was sitting on the couch drinking hot cocoa (which he's not suppose to do!) Carrie's foot hit his hand while he was in the middle of a sip, getting hot cocoa all over his face and neck! He's laying on the couch now with a cold towel covering his face. I'm pretty sure he's ok.

What a great start to summer vacation!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Yikes... I hope Jake is OK. Never a dull moment huh? Congrats to your newest graduate. What are her plans in the fall? I hope Val is feeling better by now. Not kidney stone related is it? She was the one who had those right?

You are doing so great with this pregnancy. I bet it has you thinking about that magical dozen.