Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Liz!

Liz's birth story

Today Liz turns 15 today. It's also the last day of school for the high schoolers (1/2 day) so she's doubly excited. She only has to attend one Regents test on the 21st. We'll do cake and ice cream today but nothing too big. She wants to take 4 of her friends to the drive-in for a triple feature on Friday...Pixar's Cars, Shaggy Dog, and Eight Below. We may be sleeping in a dorm at church, but that part isn't final.

I've been noticing lately just how beautiful she's getting. She's growing out of that goofy early teen look quickly. I can't believe how fast they are growing up! (yes Chris, I agree...time needs to slow down!) I haven't really gotten her a present to open today. I feel bad but she's not getting cheated believe me! Besides the drive-in party she's going to Norway for 17days really soon. I'll be giving her money for that and buying her essentials.

I thought we'd go shopping today after school but my body has decided differently. Yesterday I was the sickest I've been in awhile. I've been dizzy, could barely stand and was on the verge of barfing on and off all day. Today is a bit better. I wanted to be in bed so bad yesterday but couldn't. Michelle needed to go to school to take her entrance exams and register for classes. I dropped her off and thought I'd run a bunch of errands. I got a few done but then couldn't stand so drove back to school. Going through Dunkin Donuts drive thru first (XL coffee and 2 donuts).

Danielle and I stayed in the van for about an hour and then headed for a cooler place. We sat in the foyer of the college and watched everyone come and go. Danielle brought huge smiles to lots of people's faces. She made a lot of friends, including one girl that wanted to give her a bag of cheetos. lol Two of the staff came out to see her. They said all they could see was her profile and they thought she was doll at first, then she moved. So they decided they had to come out and see what she looked like up close. After an hour or so there I decided to head outside. We found a shady shop under a tree in the front circle and stayed there for the next 1.5hrs. I wanted to lay down SO bad but I was afraid I'd fall asleep. I kept imaging me waking up to find someone had snatched Danielle. *sniff* *sniff*

I took Michelle to the chinese take out place and she ate on the way home. As soon as I got home I told the kids, watch Danielle, I'm going to take a nap. I woke up 2.5hrs later! I NEVER NAP!!! But if felt SO good. I could've stayed there longer actually. Most of the evening was spent in the recliner trying to keep my head still. The kids microwaved Pizza Rolls and chicken patties along with cut up celery and dip for dinner. Thanks goodness for the microwave!

No comments: