Saturday, June 10, 2006

Nope, I'm a mother

There was an incident at our church spring conference today that left all of our hearts racing.

We have a canopy over our snackbar that looks like this...



The wind came under and took hold of it, sending it flying through the air. It hit my sister in law, barely missing her newborn and sent a huge group of boys scurrying. Luckily no one was hurt too badly (sil will probably be a bit bruised).

When we were discussing how to secure it and make it safer I noticed that there were holes where the pieces interlocked. I asked if it would be a good idea to make cotter pins out of pieces of coathangers and wire everything together.

One of the guys helping fix it looked at me and said...Good idea! What are you? An Engineer?

I answered.....Nope, I'm a mother. :oD

No comments: